Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday May 11, 2007

I've signed up to be a part of the International Tote Exchange IV, and am excited to be participating. It's my first venture of this type, and it should be great fun. I can hardly wait to find out who I'll be making a bag for. I've got all these ideas rolling around in my head, but don't want to start anything until I find out the preferences of the person I'm matched with.

Meanwhile, I've got some other projects in the works that should keep me busy. I've put together a pattern for a tote bag that's of a size I like, and am making one for a friend who has a birthday coming up in several weeks. Then, I recently ordered the pattern for the B-4 bag from Bloomooncreation.com, and have started one of those using SWTC Karaoke yarn. It's the first time I've used Karaoke, and I'm concerned that it will felt up a little thin and limp, but we'll see. It sure is beautiful, I know that. I bought the Mermaid colorway, and it's just gorgeous! Two other bags are done and waiting to be felted.

Alana's Questionnaire

1. Name and blogger handle: Alana; Knit Wit

2. Blog URL (if applicable): http://stringsandpurls.blogspot.com

3. Do you want a purse that is felted/not felted/surprise me: I love surprises!!4. Color/fiber likes and dislikes: I love rich tones like teals, berry shades, and navy. I also like neutrals. I don't care for bright colors, pastels, and novelty yarns. Natural fibers are wonderful!

5. Do you tend to be dressy or casual? Casual!!

6. Prefer a pal who lives in the USA or international? USA

7. Miscellaneous info (anything you want to tell your pal): I'm a wife, mom, and teacher who loves to work with various arts and crafts. I enjoy beading, knitting, and crochet. I've dabbled with polymer clay, and am going to start with Precious Metal Clay when I can find the time! I just love to make bags, and look forward to making one for my "secret friend". I pay close attention to detail, and love all the little "extras" like pockets and tasteful, artistic embellishments!!
Posted by Knit Wit at 7:35 PM 0 comments

1 comment:

two sticks and yarn said...

Hey there!
I was "tagged" for the "7 Things" and have to tag 7 people so I am randomly choosing from International Tote Exchange IV blog roll. Good luck!
Details on my blog. :D