Saturday, June 30, 2007

Dog Days of Summer Questionnaire

1. Do you knit, or crochet, or do both? How long have you been knitting\crocheting? Both. I used to crochet more, but now knitting is my thing. My grandma taught me both when I was about 5 or 6, so I guess that means about 45 years!!

2. Have you knit dishcloths or dishtowels before? Dishcloths, but not very many.

3. What are your favorite cotton yarns? Is there a cotton or linen you’ve been dying to try but have not? Right now I'm using a skein of Plymouth Fantasy Naturale which is working up beautifully. Some I've really been admiring are RYC Cotton Jeans, 2nd Time Cotton and Ty Dy by Knit One Crochet Two, and Filatura di Crosa Porto Cervo Long Print.

4. Are there any cotton yarns you don’t enjoy knitting with? None that I've found.

5. What type of needle do you prefer using? (Metal/Wood/Plastic) I like the warmth of wood needles, but I'm also wanting to try some addi turbos.

6. What other projects do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? I LOVE making felted bags.

7. Do you have other hobbies or enjoy other kinds of crafting? I've done a lot of beading, and have the supplies to begin working with Precious Metal Clay. I just love making things with my hands.

8. What kind of treats do you like? Chocolate? Candies? Nuts? I like both milk and white chocolate. Nuts are great too. Am not a big fan of hard or sour candy.

9, What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in, if any? My kitchen is muted shades of blue-greens with soft accents of taupe and other pale shades. One bathroom is jade green and taupe, and another is light--lots of white, some pale rosey shades and soft blue-gray and taupe.

10. What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike? I like rich colors like teal, berry shades, and dark greens and blues. I also like muted tones and neutrals. I don't care for pastel, neon, and bright primary colors.

11. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Other beverages? Oh yes, I really enjoy my coffee!! I drink tea only occasionally (jced more often) and Coke Classic.

12. Do you have any kids (human or pet variety!)? We have three sons, ages 25, 20, and 20. The "babies" are Flex and Jayda, our two Boxers, age 6. (See pic at the top of my blog!!) :o)

13. Do you have any allergies? No. (Though I'm beginning to wonder if I may be allergic to cooking and housework.)

14. Please share 3 tidbits about yourself that you think your pal and other swappers might find odd or interesting.

A. We became foster parents in order to take in one of my students. He came to us when he was 15, and after he turned 18 he wanted us to adopt him, so we did. He is exactly two weeks younger than our other 20 year old.

B. Music is very important in my life. I not only enjoy listening to it, but I also play the piano for the contemporary worship team at our church.

C. I never really liked to knit--I always preferrred crocheting. About 2-1/2 years ago I brushed up on my knitting skills so I could make one of those skinny scarves that were so popular. Then I heard about felting and wanted to try that as well. That was it-----I was hooked! Now I'm passionate about knitting, and am always anxious to try and learn new techniques! Wherever I go, my knitting bag goes, too!! :o)

1 comment:

Alaina said...

Thanks for your comment on my page. I wanted to strongly encourage you to do the Vanilla KAL. I have never done a complete sweater either. I was excited about this one because the materials are just about $20. I figure, if I screw it up...it's only $20. LOL

(I also have a few more stitches to knit than Cass)

Come on...it'll be fun.