Saturday, June 23, 2007

More Stitch Markers, and the Knitting Moves Along!!



I have received two more sets of stitch markers, and they are great! The elegant black ones and the cute little lambie notebook are from Elspeth, and the pretty silver and mulit -colored ones are from Kathy. Aren't they fun? I really enjoyed being a part of this exchange--it was my first one, and I'm anxious to be involved in others. A great big THANK YOU to Sulah, Elspeth, and Kathy for sending me such great markers. I will enjoy using them!




What a busy week this has been! I'm looking forward to Monday, hoping things will slow down a bit. (Ya, right!) I have made some progress in the knitting area, though, and that's a good thing. The bag for my ITE IV partner is knit and felted, and it turned out very nice. Now it's on to the needle felting, which will be a new endeavor for me. What if I do a lousy job? What if I ruin my bag? Then I guess it would be back to square one, and my needles would really be burning the midnight oil!! :o)

Speaking of burning the midnight oil, I have been just awful! Every day I vow that "tonight I'm going to bed at a reasonable hour" and then I stay up even later than I did the night before. Since I refuse to sleep late in the morning, it makes for some very groggy moments during the day, and LOTS OF COFFEE!!!!! It's just so fun to sit up late knitting or spending time on the computer!


I made the little black and white number with the outrageously large purple flower for my friend, Dee. It actually looks cuter in person than on the picture, but there is no doubt that the flower is BIG!! I offered to make a smaller one, but no, she was determined to have the biggie! She thinks it's just great, and believe me, people DO notice her bag!!


It's hot and muggy here today, and by 10:30 am it was already 80 degrees. All I have to do is open the door to let the dogs out and I can feel my hair start to curl from the humidity. I would love to spend the day knitting (or needle felting?!?) in my nice cool house, but I will instead spend the entire afternoon, and maybe part of the evening, in a hot, sticky school with lots of overheated adults and "frolicking" children. The school where I teach is having it's 25th anniversary celebration today, and it will be fun, but also very warm. DH isn't going with me, as he's out of town at the 100th year reunion for his school. I am ever so glad I'm not with him, as they are having their doings in someones quanset. For those of you who know nothing about rural life (that would include me!), a quanset is a LARGE metal storage facility where farmers keep all their machinery and stuff. I think. All of a sudden spending the day in a school (where I CAN escape to my air conditioned classroom) is sounding very inviting! :o)
As of late last night, or should I say early this morning, I have goodies coming from both WEBS and Yarn Country. This being on the computer half the night can get a person into trouble! Oh, but I can hardly wait to see the lovelies I ordered. Oooooooh!!! I'll have to post pictures when they arrive. I also ordered a pattern to try a simple lace shawl, which will be another first for me. AND...... I also have illusions of being able to knit a mobius! Think I'll start with the little basket, and yes, I did order the yarn for that, too!

3 comments:

Alaina said...

I absolutely love your bags. They are simply adorable.

Do you pronounce your name with a "long a" in the middle or "short a"?

My legal spelling is "alana" but I added the "i" to force the correct pronunciation (sp?)

Love your blog - I'm going to bookmark it and come visit often :)

Knit Wit said...

One way I tell people how to pronounce my name is that it's like "Atlanta", without the t's! It does get mispronounced, though. I get the "long a" and also the "ah" sound.

I've got several more bags on the verge of being finished, so hopefully I'll get pics posted before too long. I just finished the one for the ITE IV, and am very pleased with how it turned out. It was my first attempt at needle felting, and it was great fun!

I'm quite new to this blog thing, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm going to hop on over and check out yours, as well:o)

Knit Lunabud Knit said...

Are you kidding? I absolutely LOVE the size of that flower! Oh my it is stunning! Where did you get your pattern for the flower?