Saturday, July 21, 2007

Another Knitalong and Another Contest!

Have you been purchasing and stashing away sock yarn just because it is so beautiful..... so soft..... so dreamy..... ?? Is the thought of knitting your own socks so cozy..... so romantic..... so compelling.....?? But have you actually MADE any socks yet? If your answer to that last question is "NO", or even, "Well, I started, but....", then have I got a knitalong for you!!!!

We're almost ready to start the knitalong for those of us who have yet to try our hand at making socks! I've set up the blog, and there are three of us so far who are going to take the plunge. If you are interested in joining us on our newbie sock journey, email me at: mybusyhands DOT gmail DOT com, and I'll send you an invite. Together we will measure feet, turn heels, and stitch up toes!

I just entered another contest on Donna's blog. She has fun pictures of vintage knitting patterns on her sidebar--you should stop on over and check it out.

Well, I'm happy to report that we wrapped up the painting project today. I am more than sick of the mess that's ensued while this project was going on, and I can hardly wait to put things back in order. Unfortunately, that too will be a huge task. The picture shows the colors you see over the stairs when you come in the front door. I debated long and hard over color choice because I wanted a big change, but I was very used to the all-over off-white look. I'm very happy with the end result, though. The colors are rich and relaxing. There's more of the green in the living room, as well as two walls that are sponge painted using the taupe shade along with one darker and one lighter.



My friend Kathy is a bit of a fanatic for "finishing" the inside of the closets, so today we did that. They're painted with the lightest shade, and the shelves are the medium shade--the same one as in the picture. Looks very spiffy, if I do say so myself!!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Yea for painting be done! And Yea for you diving in to socks... I am one of those with a HUGE sock yarn stash, yet I've only completed 2 1/2 pairs to this point... lol. Something else always comes up!

Alaina said...

I love the color!

Yay! on getting it done...

:)