Thursday, July 12, 2007

Boxed Up & Ready to Ship.....

Today I finished the shopping and got my bag and goodies ready to ship to my ITE IV partner. I can send it off just as soon as I've written a note that I want to include. One of the things I'm including is this little accessory bag. I crocheted it with Cotton Twist yarn using a pattern from the One Skein book. It's done in popcorn stitch, so it has lots of texture. I decided to add a lining with some fun batiky style fabric. It was quick and easy to make, and turned out to be a generous 5 x 7 inches.




What do you think of a friend who calls one day and says she's got some yarn she'd like to give me if I want it?

IF I WANT IT!!!!

How very funny is THAT?!?

IF I want it------ya right.....

She gave me boxes full of yarn! I couldn't believe my eyes. There was wool, silk, cotton, and the list goes on and on. Included in the booty were two little bags from a store up along the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. (Oooh, would I like to visit that store!!!) Anyhoo, each bag contained two balls of exquisite coordinating yarn.

Exhibit A:

The one on the left is called "Ariel", and the one on the right is "Baby Loop". Ariel has a cotton/lineny feel to it. It's very tactile and has a nice weight.

Exhibit B:


This is a ball of "Oceania" with another of "Baby Loop". The color didn't photograph well on this one. It's not at all pink, but more of a winey color--very rich looking. There's even a teeny fleck of gold metallic here and there.

The problem: What do I make with these lovelies? Any suggestions from you wild and crazy knitters out there?? I'd love to hear them. There are about 350 yards per ball.

Oh, Oh, Oh, . . . . . . . and as if that weren't enough . . . . . . . she also gave me a loom. A real live loom that I can weave things.on. If I actually knew how to weave, that is. Which I don't. But let me tell you right here and now: I WILL weave something on that loom someday, and it will be beautiful. Or maybe not. But either way, it will be fun!!

Would ya look at the time. My wild and crazy painting friend will be here at 7:30 tomorrow (this) morning, and once again she will be perky and chipper and I will be groggy and tired. Oh, the woes of being a "night owl" . . . . . . .

4 comments:

Cass said...

Hey that's my kind of friend!

That bag is GORGEOUS!!! Lucky partner!! The lining suits it perfectly. nice job!

Nichole said...

Gorgeous yarn... and free? You lucky girl! They look like they will make some beatiful lacey scarves...

Nichole said...

PS - I just added you to my list of fave blogs on my blog sidebar!

Cass said...

HEY I think a "first sock" KAL is a SUPER idea!!! I just started a KAL though, and only have about 4 inches of work done on it. SO you start it and I'll join it! :D
Super idea! We'll need to find some nice easy sock patterns...

Squeal!!!