Monday, July 23, 2007

Hot and Humid and Hazy, Oh My. . . . .

The weather is absolutely oppresive! So humid you can hardly draw a breath--those of you who live in dry climates don't have a clue, and for that you should be very greatful! I finally got around to taking pics of my "going out of business LYS" sale swag yesterday, so I lugged it all into the front yard, where I thought there would still be enough shade to use my shrubs as props. WRONG!! So, from there I bagged it up again and schlepped it through the house and into the back yard, where I figured 'there might be enough shade by now'. WRONG AGAIN!!

I pressed in close to the house (must stay in the 'shade') and decided to photograph everything on the patio brick. However, just sitting on a chair made me sweat, so once again the yarn was bagged and trudged back into the house, where I settled for using the kitchen table and a chair as props. The color is never as good on inside shots, so I feel like these are second-class pictures, at best.

Here are the goods!
Some Cascade Pastaza: Maybe something felted;
a bag, or mobius bowl, perhaps.
Rowan Summer Tweed--this stuff is gorgeous!
I'm thinking a summer purse (basketweave?) out of the beige,
and a table mat out of the grayish. Yes?


What yarn sale is complete without sock yarn?

And of course, things other than socks can be made with sock yarn!!! Someone told me that Cascade Fixation is the "best ever" for dishcloths, so I'm gonna give it a whirl. And, the shaded beige is planned (at least for now!) for a shawl/wrap.



This being the pattern I bought for said wrap.....


The bright colored Collinette is for felting onto other items, and I see a bag in the future of the Rowan Big Wool.

There's a pattern for a chunky cabled bag that I'm thinking would be nice with a strand of the Soft Tweed and the Felted Tweed run together.
I Have a fun little pouch pattern for the other two.


And last, but certainly not least, I actually bought EXACTLY what the pattern called for to make the cutest bag (Imagine, ME making a BAG!!) out of these yarns. The color here is off. It's not a dull gray, but rather a beautiful softish shade of green called "Herb". That's right--don't pronounce the "H"!!!


I should have taken a pic of the pattern. Don't know why I didn't.

I also came away with some Addi circs, which I'm excited to try, as well as some straight needles in sizes I don't have. A fun time was had by me, but I keep thinking of the nursery rhyme that says...
"And when she was good, she was very, very good; but when she was bad she was AWFUL!!"

4 comments:

Alaina said...

It's humid here too...

Awesome yarn...I am so impressed that you know what you might actually do with the stuff - that's my problem - I wonder around the store and have no clue as to what to make of it if I buy it...so, I end up not buying...

I didn't know you could do dishrags out of fixation - I just bought some - and making some bags - how fun - I need to find some "fun" bag patterns other than the basic "booga" bag...any suggestions?

Have fun knitting and stay cool...

Nichole said...

GREAT haul... all those yummy, yummy yarns!
You will love Addis... I swear the name is Addi as in Addiction!

knicksgrl0917 said...

hey! i'm going to cali this weekend and won't be back until september...here is the website i was talking about where i made extra summer cash. Later! the website is here

Cass said...

OHMYGOSH woman. COlor me jealous!!! nice goodies!!! :)