Monday, July 9, 2007

I Can't Stand Living Here Right Now!!

My house is a disaster. All this painting has caused such a disruption to normal everyday life that I wonder if things will ever be the same again! Of course I know that they will, in fact, they'll be even better because I'll have fresh paint on the walls!! But right now it seems overwhelming. My living room is where I sit and knit, and for now, there is no livingroom. All that's left is a piano and a loveseat, both of which are covered with layers of slippery plastic and paint splattered sheets. Everything else is jammed into the family room and one of the bedrooms. Even my dogs look at me as if to say, "Have you gone nuts?" (Yes, I think so.)

Of course, my MOST favorite knitting spot is out on my patio, which is also out of the question right now. The (two or three) perfect days I enjoyed only recently have been replaced by heat and humidity that make you wonder where your next breath is coming from. Yuck! The good news is, my mom tells me that they are predicting a cool-down this week, and that will be loverly. Now let's just see if that can happen without also getting a return of the monsoon season that has been plagueing us this summer.

Enough with the whining and complaining. Time to move on..........




If you don't already know, KnitPicks has 40% off all their books right now. It doesn't get much better than that. I spent quite a bit of time perusing their wares this afternoon. I might have even found a few things I couldn't live without!

I also stumbled onto a fun blog contest. I had to do a little hunting to find the answers to her questions, but it was fun. Lots of interesting stuff and great photos in her blog. Check it out here.

My sweet son has had a tough couple of days. One of his classmates died on Friday, and it's been very hard on him. They weren't good friends, but they were friends. I wish I could make him feel better, but I guess it's just going to take some time. The young man died at home, and it looks as though it was drug related. I get so angry when I think about all the wonderful young lives that are destroyed by drugs. I worked with troubled middle school age kids for 6-1/2 years, so I've seen the hurt and the pain first hand. It is absolutely frightening.

2 comments:

Alaina said...

Think how awesome it will be when it's all done...

So sorry to hear of sad times - makes my heart ache...I'll keep your son, and his friend's family in my prayers.

NH Knitting Mama said...

My prayers are with you...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You're in the running!