Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I Could Have Been Knitting . . . . . .

. . . . . but I wasn't. Not so much as one stitch today. Got the painting project well underway, though. We moved almost everything out of the living room so we'd have a neat, orderly area in which to work. Wrong!! Two hours later it's was a big mess, and that's more than likely what it will be until we've finished.

We got a lot of wallpaper stripped. The paper came down without too much trouble, which is a blessing. I can't tell you how many times I've removed wallpaper one itsy bitsy shred at a time. This one had a real plasticy top layer which peeled off easily. Then I'd spray water on the paper backing that was left on the wall, and after about three good sprayings and plenty of time for the water to soak in, off it came. Tomorrow I'll finish taking down the paper and do the rest of the taping. My friend, Kathy, has already started putting primer on the foyer walls.

I am so tired, and I hurt all over! My feet are throbbing. I never feel like this after a long day of knitting:o) Kathy will be working me hard--she just loves to paint, and especially likes to do ceilings. How fortunate for me! She'll be here about 6:30 tomorrow morning to start again. The very thought makes me feel faint! But, we have lots of ground to cover, and the fact that it will be the 4th of July will have no effect on us.

We've rented a ladder that adjusts to be used on stairs, so we want to finish that area tomorrow in order to return the ladder by 8:30 on Thursday. That wall that goes all the way from the ceiling of the main level to the floor of the lower level gives me the heebie jeebies. Way too high for me. Kathy is crazy excited to use that ladder, and can hardly wait to do that long wall. I fear there must be something wrong with her that makes her like this!!!

We'll work hard, but will have great fun. We'll chatter, laugh, poke fun at each other, and maybe even sing a little. (Scary, I know!) And before long, this job that seems so huge and insurmountable will be almost done! At least I hope so!!!!

No comments: