Saturday, July 7, 2007

It's Dishcloth Knittin' Time~~~Yippee!!

I feel the urge to knit a dishcloth coming on!! Maybe it's because I got the name of my spoilee for the Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth Exchange yesterday. I've checked out her blog and gone over her questionnaire, and am ready to go!!!! I already have two dishcloths in the works, so should I finish them first or start yet another? Decisions, decisions......


I did just receive 6 new patterns from Harvest Moon Designs and can hardly wait to try some of them. I had some very quality, late night (early morning??) fun going through all the patterns they offer. Thank you, Cass, for putting me on to them:o)



Like the Pic?? That's my friend Kathy's daughter working on the ceiling line in my foyer. And yes, the photo was taken looking UP the at soles of her shoes. There's a very good reason it's not my shoes you're seeing in this picture. Plain and simple: I'M CHICKEN! That corner must be about 18 feet up over a stairway, and just standing guard and handing her things made me hold my breath. It's not that I'm afraid of heights, it's just that I like to feel secure and firmly planted. Just another reason to be a teacher and not a house builder!!

The good news is, the foyer is done, except for a few last-minute details, and it looks great! I went for a big change, and I'm gonna love it! As I type, I can hear the sound of DH running his sander as he prepares the woodwork. Some is being refinished, and some is being replaced--it will be beauteous!!!!

My "morning person" friend gave me until noon today until we start painting, and I am relishing every moment of it! We were both worn out and lacking in vision and energy yesterday, so we accomplished very little. Today, however, WILL be different--the rollers and brushes will be flying and progress will be made.......

1 comment:

Cass said...

Oh good god that picture made me dizzy just looking at it. ACK!