Friday, July 27, 2007

LOST: One Lantern Moon Needle~~

Yup, it happened yesterday. I lost one of my beautiful rosewood and ebony size 7 needles from Lantern Moon. I have many plain old needles that could have been easily replaced with a 40% off coupon at Michael's, but did I lose one of those??? Most certainly not! Nooo, not me! I lost 1/2 of the only pair of special needles that I own.

"How could you be so careless", you might ask? Well, I was being a good daughter, and had gone to Target to get some things for my mom. Going to get the shopping cart in the garage of her apartment complex seemed like too much work, so I hung about ten Target bags (as well as my own purse and "knitting") over my arms and forged ahead. They got heavy real soon--after about the first twenty or so feet--so it was a bit of a task. I even took the elevator, and actually bent over so the bags would rest on the ground and take the weight off my arms while I was waiting for it. (That had to be a pretty sight, I'm sure!!)

Well, at some point during my struggles I must have bumped one of my knitting needles out of my knitting bag. By the time I noticed it was gone, several hours had elapsed. I retraced my steps, but to no avail. There's a "Lost" sign posted at the mailboxes in mom's apartment, but so far she's had no phone call. And ya, in case you're wondering, we DID offer a reward!!!

4 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

That is a total drag... those needles are a work of art in themselves, and not inexpensive!

I hope someone returns it.

Nichole said...

OH NO... and of course it had to be the nice (read: expensive) needles too... sorry! Hopefully someone returns it safely.

Alaina said...

Not good...but I did smile at your description of the elevator ride :0

Hope someone gives you a call...

Bubblesknits said...

Those are expensive enough that it makes you a little sick when something happens to them. :-( I caught Miss Priss playing with one of mine the other day and I almost had a stroke! LOL Not a drumstick, not a drumstick!