Monday, July 30, 2007

Oh, No.... Jayda's Been Knitting Again....

Oh, yes... the little skunk somehow manages to find things that she shouldn't, and always when I'm not around! Got home yesterday to find she'd started her latest project with a ball of Rowan Felted Tweed. No cheap acrylic stuff for her... oh,no... uh uh! Not to worry, however---it only took me an hour and twelve minutes to untangle and roll it into a nice ball. We won't even think about how much knitting I could have gotten done in that amount of time!


When I packed that yarn safely into a box I "had the feeling" that I was missing a ball, but I looked and didn't see it. Obviously I didn't look well enough!! Must have rolled under something, and of course Jayda, the astute little knitter that she is, found it with no problem!

I cast on a new project over the weekend. I'm making the Knitting Tote in the teal colorway. I was even able to find the same handles in the correct size, so I'm excited to see it take shape! To top it off, I'm using addi turbos for the first time, and am finding that I like them---a lot! The cord is so fluid, and the needles are nice to work with. I bought five addi circs at the LYS going-out-of-business sale, and I'm already wishing I'd gotten more! Hmmm... you don't suppose I'll have to take a little "trip" later this week, do you??

It "looks" very nice outside today, but as you know, looks can be deceiving. The last I heard was that we're going to have a couple more days of unbearably hot weather. I did sit on the patio and have coffee and knit a few stitches this morning before the mugginess sent me scurrying for air-conditioned comfort.

Today I promised myself that I will be very disciplined and do some laundry and work at organizing my office before I do any knitting and reading of blogs. So, I best be off.... I've got laundry to do.... right after I check JUST ONE (or maybe two) of my favorite blogs.......

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Jayda's got great taste!!! I want to see more of her work, lol.

NH Knitting Mama said...

It was that kind of day here, too. The weather looked okay, but when you stepped outside it was sticky!

Hope you got to do some of your organizing like you wanted.

Cass said...

Yikes! I'd be chasing me some Jayda around the house! :)

I love that knitting bag! My sister is using Suede to make a hobo bag for me. I wish she'd hurry up and get done!

Nichole said...

Thank you so much for the well wishes for Mom!

Cass said...

HEY- I'm casting on the socks tomorrow morning! :) How 'bout you? Have fun at the LYS shop today! xoxo