Monday, July 9, 2007

We Had a Visitor ~~ A BIG Visitor!!!

Meet Samson.................


He belongs to my oldest son, who's been out of town, and I guess you know what that means. It means, of course, that mom, dad, and little brother are responsible to check on Sammy and be sure that he has food, water, and gets let outside. This dog is so gentle, with the sweetest disposition, but there is one problem: He's HUGE . . . . an absolute behemoth!! Mark (my son) believes Sammy weighs somewhere in the vicinity of 240 pounds, but he's chicken to sit on the scale at the vet, so we're not sure. All I know is that he's big--TOO BIG--and for anyone who may be wondering, he's an English Mastiff. If he walks near the kitchen table and happens to be wagging his tail, he sweeps things right off onto the floor!! Let's put things into perspective here.


My dark brindled Jayda weighs about 65 pounds, and Flex (fawn color) weighs 78 pounds. So they're not exactlly small, but look at them beside Samson. Flex looks almost puny!!!

Today was one of those wonderful summer days that you can't have too many of. I sat on the patio, drank coffee, and worked on a dishcloth I'm knitting. It's going to end up taking more that one skein of yarn, so I need to get another. Grrrrr. Since when can't you get a simple dishcloth out of one skein of Peaches and Cream??!!??

I also finished one of the goodies I've been working on for my ITE IV spoilee. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, but it turned out cute and I'm anxious to send it to her. All I have left to do now is buy a couple more things I want to include, and then I can mail the package. I'm getting excited--can't wait for her to get it! I could really get hooked on these swap thingys, that's for sure. I'm getting such a kick out of putting together the stuff for my pal--there are those who would see a disorder of some sort lurking beneath the surface here, but oh well.......... :o)

6 comments:

Cass said...

ohmygosh I could just grab his face and snuggle him up! I'm a big dog person- they are, almost without fail, the sweetest and gentlest dogs I've met. Give him an ear rub from me.

Pheelya said...

What cute doggies!!!

I have no idea who would wear those, but apparelty they mush be popular somewhere because people are making and selling patterns for them! *laugh*

The_Add_Knitter said...

Wow, any dog that can dwarf those boxers must be HUGE!!! Such a cute canine crew you have there...

Nichole said...

Oh what a gorgeous mastiff!!! (gorgeous boxers too). LOVE the pic of the 3 of them. BEAUTIFUL.
Btw, I found your blog through Amanada (you won her contest - congrats!)... and I see that we have quite a lot in common... knitting & DOGS!! I think we might be fast friends - lol

Sonya said...

You know what, I love a big slobbery dog! Congrats on being a winner. grumble grumble I wanted to win grumble grumble.

Nichole said...

LOL, well I'm honored to know I'm the one who spilled the beans and told you that you won, lol!

No problem on adding you to my sidebar of links - I can tell we have a lot in common! :) Would love it if you could me to your links... well, assuming you actually like my blog, ha ha ha