Monday, July 2, 2007

A Wonderful Package from Far, Far Away . . .

I was working in my office this morning when a yellow van stopped in front of my house. A lady carrying a lumpy plastic bag emerged and headed up my drive. I didn't get too excited, because I wasn't expecting anything--figured it was something for DH. However, it wasn't long before I was not only excited, but downright foolish with giddiness. (Is that a word? It should be!) It WAS for me, and it got here from Uruguay faster than packages can get here from two states away. It hadn't even been a week since I'd ordered the luscious, hand-dyed wool from the ladies in Uruguay. I will admit, I wasn't sure what I'd be getting, but I decided to give it a try. Well, see for yourself!! The soft peachy bulky yarn looks like cotton candy, and the mulberry/winey color is indescribable! The mulberry is for the Doctor's Bag from the Knit 2 Together book. I'm not sure about the peach. I just wanted to see what it looked like:o) Maybe a mobius bowl. Think??




SO, CHECK IT OUT . . . . . . . . . . .



I just want to keep touching and smelling it. In my mind, it smells like the far away place it came from, and it's wonderful!




And, last Friday I also got my package from WEBS, and I've had fun going through and putting it all away. Everything is safely tucked inside a nice drawer---my little Jayda dog will not be knitting with any of this yarn, oh no!!
Here are my WEBS goodies . . . . . . . . I have all sorts of wonderful plans for these yarns. As you can tell by the Trekking XXL, I'm going to venture into the world of sock making. I haven't made socks yet, and I'm anxious to try. The Suede is for the Knitting Tote; pattern is free at the Berocco website. I thought I'd maybe try a little mobius basket with the Granito. And the variegated --I'm not quite sure. Perhaps a mobius bowl, we'll see. I want to make the Anthricite Shawl (page 38 - ponchos & wraps, a Knitter's dozen) with the Noro Aurora. It calls for Silk Garden, which I know would feel wonderful, but the deal I got on the Aurora was hard to pass up. Regularly $12 a skein, I got it for $5.50. I'm going to try a little piece to see how it works up. I'm hoping it will be wonderful. If not, I have 13 (or14) more balls of yarn in my stash.

I talk like I'm really into this mobius thing, but the truth is I haven't even tried it yet. I've got the book, and the needles, but have yet to actually TRY the "mobius cast on". A sensible person, I understand, would learn the mobius technique by making the scarf thingy you wear around your neck. That's the "prescribed" first project. But not me, oh no! I don't want the scarf; therefore I will not make the scarf! I will jump in with both feet and go straight to the bowl or the basket!

I have a dear friend who is willing to help me paint my livingroom, foyer, hall, and ceilings. In fact, I think she's more motivated to do it than I am. Well, the paint is bought, and the painting is scheduled to commence at 8 tomorrow morning. She will come busting through my door, all perky and looking for a cup of coffee as I stagger toward the kitchen, bleary-eyed and maybe even still in my jammies. No, I can't do that. I have to get up and get dressed; make-up even. Oh, bother! Yes, big changes are on the horizon. My walls are off-white wallpaper with a texture striping pattern. I'm going with darker, richer colors for a whole new look. I should take before and after pictures. Maybe I will . . . . . . .

2 comments:

Cass said...

Ooooooooooo aaaahhhhhhh!!! Very nice!!

Alaina said...

Ohh - so much to say...

I absolutely love the yarn..*green with envy*

What is mobius?

Good luck with the painting thing...I just redid my living room within the last 6 months (refer back to pic of me knitting)I painted three walls the light brown and the fourth the dark burgundy.. .scary stuff for me cause I am so not a decorator. I love it.

Anxious to see the pictures.