Tuesday, July 17, 2007

WOO HOO!! An Awesome Present for Me!

I received my package from my secret pal in ITE IV!!! And what a package it was! Jill, you have spoiled me completely rotten. Indeed, I may be starting to stink! One of the gorgeous bags that I have been most admiring turned up on MY doorstep! Imagine! I was parading through my kitchen with it casually draped from my shoulder when a friend stopped by. Did she notice it---OH, YA!! FOR SURE!!

See for yourself............



You Like? ? ?

I know I do ! ! !

And look at the bottom! Even the bottom is gorgeous! THANK YOU JILL, SO VERY MUCH!
I just love it, and will have great fun using it.
Besides the great bag, my package was stuffed with other wonderful goodies. There was chocolate (natch!!), some Necco candy, Lobster Eggs bubble gum and a package of "Girlfriends" tea. Also a skein of Sugar & Cream yarn in rich, dark variegated shades and a bar of Orange Blossom Honey soap that smells heavenly. And, as if that weren't enough, she sent me the book, Knitting on the Road, Sock Patterns for the Travelling Knitter. "Somebody" has been
snooping around on my blog and found out that
I wanted to learn how to knit socks!! The book not only has fun sock patterns, but also lots of other useful information. Now I'm really anxious to try my hand at some socks.
Thank you again, Jill. You have made my first tote exchange a very special one. You might enjoy visiting Jill's blog, Two Sticks and Yarn.
Is it just me, or do some of the rest of you also have a horrible time getting your text and pictures where you want them to be when you do your posts? I spend more time trying to get things lined up than doing the typing and uploading the pictures, only to have it scrambled when I post. Very frustrating, to say the least! Does Blogger have a mind of it's own, or is it me? Right now I have everything right where I want it, but my money says it won't look anything the same after I post. I'll be ticked, oh yes; ticked I will be!
Have finally got things somewhat back in shape after my painting project. Got the carpet cleaned yesterday morning, and then last evening put most of the furniture back. Very nice to have things starting to get back to where they belong. We still have two closets to paint, and some small things do finish up, but it's lookin' good. Hopefully I can string together some before and after pictures soon.
Mailed the package to my secret pal today. I hope she enjoys it as much as I'll enjoy mine. I've had so much fun with ITE IV. I would definately do it again.

6 comments:

Alaina said...

Lucky You!!!

What a great package :)

Glad to hear your painting/mess is almost done...pics????

When are you starting the socks?

Nichole said...

OMG - I'm so jealous... that bag is absolutely gorgeous!!!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Waaaaa! I want your goodie package! Lucky girl.

The picture/lining up thing is a constant battle for me. I just put them all centered large now. Much easier for me that way.

I like your blog!

Alaina said...

I sent you an e-mail - hope I got the right address...If you didn't get it - oops..someone else did... LOL - let me know.

two sticks and yarn said...

I'm so glad you like the bag. It was SO hard to give it up. I have to admit that was why it came late, well not really late, but I finished it mid-June. I was just testing it out a bit to see how it worked. Worked so great for me I have it's twin on the needles. If you need any help with socks even the most mundane question email me. I have made lots and lots of socks. Enjoy the bag and goodies! Keep in touch.
Your not very secret tote pal

NH Knitting Mama said...

Just an FYI, I mailed your package on Monday, so you should get it any day now!