Thursday, August 2, 2007

I Have Been SO Spoiled!!

When I pulled into my driveway late this afternoon there was a box on my front steps. Of course my first thought was, "Could that be my package from the Dog Days of Summer Exchange?" Well, it was, and did I ever have fun opening, admiring, and smelling everything! It felt like Christmas as I went through all the items in the box! It was packed beautifully, with everything sealed in plastic bags so other items wouldn't be contaminated if something broke. (It didn't)

Check out all the goodies~~~


First of all, I received not one, but TWO hand made dishcloths. Totally different, and both lots of fun. I especially love that checkerboard pattern on the cream one with colored flecks.


Then, there were so many other goodies that I couldn't believe my eyes! Delicious candy in both milk and white chocolate, three flavors of coffee, a lavender candle in a tin, a HUGE bottle of vanilla hand soap as well as three shower gels from Bath and Body Works, sock shaped point protectors for my knitting needles, a summery skein of Peaches and Cream yarn, and a dishcloth pattern.


It's very obvious that Debbie, my spoiler, hand picked these items just for me. They fit so well with what I like and what I am working on. All I can say is, "WOW"!!!

Debbie from Kansas City, I can't THANK YOU enough!!
You have made my first dishcloth exchange a very special one!
Went to Fargo with hubby today, and while he was taking care of business, I went to my LYS for the afternoon. Didn't buy much yarn. Just two skeins of sock yarn that I plan to add to another one I already have and make a shawl. I want to try the Forest Canopy pattern, but I want mine bigger so I can really wrap up in it. I saw some Colinette sock yarn online that I really wanted, but the amount of yarn I need would have cost me a fortune. I decided that on-sale-sock-yarn would work almost as well, and for less than half the cost.
Also got some size 6 dpn's so I can make Mandy's Candy Bag. It's so cute, and looks like such fun to make -- I can't wait to try it.
Speaking of making things, tomorrow is the day I said I'd cast on my socks for the Let's Learn Socks KAL. If you'd like to join us, it's not too late! The more, the merrier!!

6 comments:

Nichole said...

What a GREAT package of goodies!!!

Anne said...

Wowza, quite the package :) Very cute cloths too - so glad you enjoyed the swap!

The_Add_Knitter said...

What fantastic swag. There's nothing more exciting than getting a parcel in the mail...

NH Knitting Mama said...

Great swag!

Thanks for linking the bag, too! You're in the hat, my friend!

Isabelle aka Tricotine said...

Now, that is odd... I was in the DDOS too and I got almost exactly the same goodies as you did. But my spoiler was not Debbie from Kansas City but Mandy from Kansas City... Mmmh... Really odd, don't you think? LOL

Isabelle aka Tricotine said...

Check it out here
http://tricotine.typepad.com/weblog/2007/08/dog-days-of-sum.html

This is funny! :-)

Isabelle aka Tricotine
http://tricotine.typepad.com