Sunday, August 5, 2007

Knit 1 Tea 2 Color Swap Questionnaire~~

Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try? I believe I've fallen victim to the ease and convenience of using teabags.

What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)? I really don't have much background in the tea deparrtment. I enjoy Earl Grey, English Breakfast, and Constant Comment. I like a good quality, flavorful tea and am open to trying new things. I saw mentioned a vanilla tea in someone's questionnaire, and that is something I would love to try!!

Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up). I know I like black, so that's probably a safe choice for me. (Though I'd be open to trying green or white!)

Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind? Sad to say, but I usually just heat my water in the microwave. Sometimes I do, however, pour it from another container into the cup containing my teabag!

What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself? I must not be very "in the know" here, as I'm not even sure what fun tea accessories I should be coveting! I do have a cute ceramic teapot that used to be my grandma's, and a tea cozy that she crocheted, but other than that, I'm here to learn!

How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc). There's nothing like a yummy treat in my book! However, I do like to keep my toes looking good (no chipped or worn polish), because I wear sandals every day of the year that there's less than a foot of snow on the ground. I have a thing about keeping my toes polished when I've got them out there for the world to see! Silly, I know!! :o)

If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why? I'm probably supposed to choose a type of fiber here, but I fear I must deviate from that path. I would want to be a a yarn that was handpainted or dyed. It could be sock yarn, wool (for a felted bag, perhaps!), or a cotton/cotton blend. Why? Because I love color and the various ways it is used. I tend to be a bit artsy, and whenever I make something, I put a lot of time and thought into my choice of colors. My friends tease me about my color "issues", and have a couple of goofy but appropriate names they call me.

If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why? Baby booties. Don't care for fun fur, and fair isle is not the real me. That leaves booties, which resemble socks, which I'm in the process of learning (working on my first pair) right now. Besides, I might be a grandma someday, right??

What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?) "Girls Night Out" with three of the greatest friends anyone ever had. We don't get to go out as often as we'd like, but when we do, Look Out!! And all we ever drink is coffee, tea, and Coke!

What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?) Oh, my..... of course there must be sweets. I'm seeing a pretty tiered tray with a number of delights on it! Traditional crustless sandwiches should be on the bottom tier. In the middle, perhaps some small scones. And the top would be piled with tiny, sinfully sweet treats!

When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute? I do both, but more often than not I tend to substitute. Unless I start a project right away, I often change my mind about what I want to do or how I want to do it anyway. Could this possibly be part of the reason for my mounting stash??

What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go? I've got several felted bags that I love to schlep things around in. For me, half the fun is having my stuff in a cool bag, so if not a bag I've made, then some other nice tote. I just got the cutest little "pouch" to use for small projects. It has one short handle that fits over the wrist and just hangs there while I knit. Sweet!

Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting? I'm not a huge TV/movie person, but just recently a friend and I got together and knit while we watched Miss Potter, and that was really fun. Another time we watched old episodes of I Love Lucy, and that was a good time, too. Probably something not too intense, or then I'll get too involved in the story and forget to knit!!

Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Do you care if they match? I like mugs, but my favorite ones are the tall, slim, bone china ones made in England. For me, that's the best of both worlds!! No, they don't have to match, but it is fun to have some that "sort of go together".

Favorite childhood birthday party? I remember one when there was an early spring (my birthday is in April) so we were able to be outside. All the little girls (this was probably about third grade) wore cute dresses, and we played jumprope and hopscotch. And of course, my mom had put together all sorts of wonderful birthday eats.

Favorite type of scone and jam? We have a locally owned coffee shop here that roasts its own beans (heavenly smells!!) and also has someone who comes in early in the morning to bake special treats. She makes an orange scone that is simply wonderful, which they serve with an orange butter that is just delish!!

If you use candles, what is your favorite scent? I love candles. I enjoy clean, fresh scents such as "weather" and "nature" fragrances, or linen and cotton. I also like some of the warmer fragrances like vanilla and hazlenut. Oh, and the coffee, latte, and cappuccino scents are great, too.
If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead). My three girlfriends that I do "Girl's Night Out" with, because I never have more fun or laugh harder than when I'm with them. We can be serious or silly; we can laugh or cry. We've been friends for many years, and they prove the old adage: "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, but the other gold".

You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)? If this truly is a "Tea Party", then I feel I must dress up!! I'll wear a dress, nice sandals (sorry, no pantyhose, but my toes will look good!!), and yes, I'll wear a hat. (Though I'll have to shop for that last item!!) I might even spring for gloves and don them as well! And, the work-horse felted bag that I carry around with me every day is going to have to sit this one out!! I think if I dig deep enough I can come up with a cute beaded "pocketbook" of some sort! Oh, and pearls! I must wear pearls!! Around my neck, wrists, and on my ears!

Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to? None

Anything we missed that you want your pal to know? This isn't info, just a fun little story. I actually did go to a tea party once. It was a women's event at our church, and it was done "by the book". Someone had done their research, and we had all the proper sandwiches and sweet treats you can imagine. Even the decorating was perfect: doilies, old vases and beautiful flowers. We did dress up, and were asked to wear a hat. For those who didn't have one and didn't want to invest, there was a box of hats at the door from which to choose. Being there just made me feel like I had stepped back in time. It was SO fun!

3 comments:

Cass said...

Oooooo I wanna come out to a Girls Night Out!!! :) I'd buy ya a drink or ten.
xoxo

Wendy said...

Glad to see you're attending the tea party too!

Julie in Texas said...

I enjoyed reading your questionnaire. The swap should be fun!