Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mandy's Candy Bag~~Finished!

Today I put the finishing touches on my Mandy's Candy Bag. It was quick and fun to knit up, and I'm already thinking about what yarn I want to use to make my next one. NH knitting mama designed the pattern and it's available on her blog, so if you'd like to make one, go and check it out. She's also having a contest, and has a gallery of Candy Bags contestants have made. It's fun looking at the new ones that are added each day.


Ahhh, Look at that Sweet Face!!!
Does it get any cuter that that??
And to top it all off, he really is a good dog. I don't think he'd get into much trouble at all if it wasn't for his evil sister. She's always up to no good, and likes to drag him along. (Or, maybe HE'S the naughty one. Maybe he knows that sister gets blamed for everything because she's so ADHD and in your face, so he does all kind of horrid acts, knowing that she'll be held responsible and he'll get off scott free!!) Hmmmm. . . .

Speaking of Naughty,
Here she is.........
. . . . . . . . . looking all peaceful and innocent sprawled across a newly felted bag made by one of my friends. She got up several times to check out something of doggie importance (got to keep the family safe, you know!!), and each time she came back and plunked back down on the bag. We've already determined that Jayda likes to knit (which she did again today, btw, the little turd!), but apparently she also enjoys the finished product.

Well, at least Jayda has good taste--handmade items are some of the best. And I have a good friend--letting my hound lay all over her bag when she brought it over so I could help her work on it!!

9 comments:

Nichole said...

ADORABLE doggy pics!

Nichole said...

Thank Cabin Fever tank pattern is great... if you need it, you can get it thru the wonderful Joanne at www.AKnittersGarden.com - she has the yarn too (I'm using the cream/neutral color)

Rachel said...

Hi Alana--glad you found my blog and participated in the contest! Good luck and I hope you keep stopping by! Thanks also for your link...I'll add it to my subscriptions!

Your NH Mama bag looks great...I keep thinking I'm going to make one but probably not in time for the contest. Life is VERY hectic right now! Oh well--it will calm down soon! I saw the link to the fiber bag swap on an earlier post and really want to do it. But trying to figure out if it's possible!

Thanks again...oh--good luck on the Forest Canopy Shawl...I'll be looking for progress pictures of it on your blog! :)

Anne said...

Oh your bag looks great!! I love that colorway - and your dogs are adorable too :D Lastly thank you SO much for my package - it arrived today and has been blogged and I ADORE everything!!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hello, my friend! Your bag looks fantastic, and I'm adding it to the gallery now!

Thanks for knitting it up!

Bubblesknits said...

I absolutely adore the pictures of your dogs! Such cute doggy faces!

I'm about to start a Candy Bag and I'm enjoying seeing all the FO pics! What yarn did you use?

Alana - Knit Wit said...

I used Peaches & Creme in color #128, Passion. I was surprised at the way it striped - I was expecting a more variegated look.

StarSpry said...

Very pretty bag :)

Your dogs are adorable!

Dorothy said...

I don't know which is cuter - the puppy or the candy bag!