Saturday, August 11, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire~~

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I enjoy knitting with natural fibers: Wool, cotton, linen, silk. I don't care for most acrylics and I'm not a fan of novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Hmmn.... guess I don't have a great needle storage system. I have one drawer that I keep them in, but somehow they manage to find their way into all sorts of other places!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? My grandma taught me to knit when I was little--probably about 5 or 6, but I began knitting "for real" about 2-1/2 years ago. For some reason I never forgot how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off, so that was enough to get me started. First it was a novelty yarn scarf (oh, no!!), then Iprogressed to felted bags, and now I'm a fanatic!! I would consider myself an intermediate level knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No.

5. What's your favorite scent? I like clean, fresh scents such as rain, cotton, linen, and sea scents. I also enjoy some 'food' scents such as vanilla, hazelnut, and coffee/latte.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh, ya!! Real bad sweet tooth! I like both white and milk chocolate. Even "regular" candies like Snickers, Milk Duds and Almond M&M's. When it comes to treats, I'm easy to please.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I also like to bead. No, I don't spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like gospel music, and things like piano or instrumental that are nice in the background.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I like rich colors such as shades of teal, hunter, wine, and navy. Also, neutrals. I don't like bright primary or neon colors, particularily not orange or pure yellow. I like most colors if it's an "off shade" of that color!!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married and have three grown sons, with only one left living at home. (He turns 21 today!!) We have two dogs (Boxers) named Flex and Jayda.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves; sometimes with my winter coat. Hats; only when it's colder than a bugger and I have to clean off my car. (I think I have a big head, so it's hard to find a hat that looks decent on me!) Mittens; no, usually gloves, as they're easier to drive with. Ponchos; no, I fear I'm not built to be seen in public in a poncho! Small children would be frightened!!!! I do want to knit a shawl/wrap (or two, or three!!) one day soon, though.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Handbags and totes. Dishcloths and fun little accessory items.

13. What are you knitting right now? I'm almost done with Mandy's Candy Bag, and am working on my first ever pair of socks. Also the Knitting Tote (in Suede) from the Berroco website, and of course a dishcloth.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes, they're wonderful!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use both straight and circular needles. I do like bamboo, and also have a pair of rosewoods I make dishcloths on that are very nice to use. I only recently got my first pairs of addi circs, and I fear I am going to be wanting more of those!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? All the projects on my needles are quite current. However, I do have several bags that have been waiting around for several months to have their linings and handles installed!

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Not really.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I've heard that The Knit Stitch, The Purl Stitch, and her most recent book on color are all very good. Of course I'd love some more addi turbos, and I love "different" needles such as Lantern Moon and others that have a unique look. No subscriptions.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I want to knit lace, and plan to start with the Forest Canopy Shawl.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I'm right now working on my first pair of socks. I started a KAL for new sock knitters, so I'm learning along with some friends. Foot measurements: Well, I wear a size 8-1/2 - 9 shoe; my foot is 9-3/4 inches long, and the circumference is 9 inches. From what I've seen, that sounds like a large circumference, but my foot is really quite average.

23. When is your birthday? April 25.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? No, but there are only 8082 people ahead of me in line!! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from your SP11 pal!!! Have a great week!!!

Alana - Knit Wit said...

Hello!! It's fun to hear from you!! This swap should be a lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to it!