Monday, August 20, 2007

Summer Sunday in the Backyard~~

It was a nice weekend, and we were able to enjoy eating on the patio yesterday without being broiled by the sun or blown away by the wind. An overcast day, but so pleasant. . . one of those days when I wish I could just sit outside all day and knit! Speaking of which, I did get some time to knit over the weekend. I've got several small FO's and some yarny goodness to photo, and then I'll post some actual knitting pics. In the meantime......

And check out our litttle apple tree!! It's overloaded with apples, and we've already picked a bunch! I suppose if I was a good little 'happy homemaker' I'd be starting my 1000 quarts of applesause this morning, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Not in this lifetime, anyway. The guys will be lucky to get a couple of apple pies and cakes out of this gal!! (I know, I know, what kind of attitude is that?) So maybe I'll make an apple crisp,too.
Aren't they pretty?

Oooh, here's a pic that'll make your hair stand on end if you're one of those bee-phobic types! You'll have to indulge me though, cause I know there's a science lesson in here somewhere! Those garbage bees are all over (and SOOO annoying) this time of year, but my uncle and I, apparently dealing with some temporary insanity, decided to watch them as they "did their thing"! Well, they found the bits of leftover grilled chicken to be quite delightful, and would work and work until they could get their disgusting little hairy legs wrapped around them, and then they would take the chicken and buzz off. Not only are they annoying, but they're thieves as well!! After this had gone on for quite a while, I decided to get my camera out because I knew someone out there would just be dying to see a close-up pic of a bee!!!
BUZZZZZZ . . . . . . GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And what afternoon is complete withoug a rousing game of "pole"? According to my dogs, not a single one! Here they're having a blast playing with their daddy.
"What's taking so long, Dad?? Let's
keep that pole moving!!!"
A great time was had by all!!!

In the knitting department, for some reason I was totally in a dishrag kind of mood. I put aside the sock I'd been toiling over and made dishrags. Guess I needed some instant gratification. I churned out several, and had great fun doing it! I'll get them blocked and take pics for later....

5 comments:

Nichole said...

I wish our apples looked as good as yours! We have tuns of apple trees in the yard, but we don't keep them up and hence we get nothing but nasty bugs, crab apples and blah........

Dorothy said...

The apples look SO good! It makes me think about going apple picking. Can you use a felted bag to go apple picking?

Alana - Knit Wit said...

I don't see why not!!! :o)

Sharon said...

I am so jealous!! Apple picking around here isn't till the fall, a few more months away. I love homemade applesauce, apple pie, A good Jewish apple cake, etc. My oldest LOVES apples and honey and she has already told me she cannot wait. To the Orchards we will go!!

Alaina said...

I had an awesome post/comment...it was witty..friendly...long...and the damn "comment gremlin" ate it...so...

In a nutshell...nice apples (sounds a little perverted) - much nicer than mine - but we don't usually get until the third week of September... when I don't have time, either, so, I give them away...

Okay - am going to face the "comment gremlin" again and see if this actually posts...He should be "full"...here goes...