Monday, September 17, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Topic of the Week #2~~

When you knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use? I've been using size 7 rosewood and ebony straight needles from Lantern Moon. I ordered them so I'd have "cool" needles to knit dishcloths with, and indeed I do! After using them a few times, they have come to be my "dishcloth knitting needles", so, in my mind, they now go hand in hand with knitting cloths.

Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Since I ordered them with making dishcloths in mind, they have just become part of the "discloth knitting process" for me.

Is there one you are dying to try? Oh my goodness... that would have to be the gorgeous new Harmony needles from KnitPicks! Not specifically for dishcloths, but just for knitting in general. I want them all.... DPN's, circs, whatever there is!!

Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for clothes? I've tried some others that are more "high end", but I tend to gravitate back to Peaches & Creme or Sugar & Cream.

What is so special about it? They're a good weight--have a little heft to em, are nice to knit with, come in unlimited colors, and most certainly the price is right. I'd like to try some of the Lion Brand Organic Cotton, but haven't been able to find it here yet.

No comments: