Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fall Is In The Air~~

I was at my mom's this evening, and at one point I stepped out on her deck to enjoy the cool evening. It was then I smelled it... Fall! Yuppers. The smell of fall was heavy in the evening air. It was getting dark, but you could still see that the sky had been a bright, clear blue, and the air was still and clear. And it smelled of fall....

Very nice, but also I forshadowing of things to come. I do live in North Dakota, you know, and we be tough folk that know what winter is all about!! Real Winter. Not that sissy kind of winter that some people whine and complain about. No siree. But I don't want to think about that now, so I won't. There's a lot of beautiful fall weather to enjoy first!!

I cast on another sock today. The first one (about 3/4 done) just wasn't cutting it for me, so it's in my "articles to be frogged" pile. Now I'm using a yarn with a little more 'tooth' to it, and hope my sock will have a little more gumption, as well. Donna gave me some much appreciated tips on our Let's Learn Socks KAL, so now I'm gonna give it another whirl!!

There are lots of projects I'm itching to cast on right now. What's that about?? There are a number of things I NEED to put the finishing touches on, but I'm not getting all excited about that. I know.... I won't allow myself to cast on a new project until I finish up another. That'll work, right? Ya, right!

Besides the sock, I also started a shawl. And, I'm making a felted bowl. "FELTED BOWL" That even LOOKS stupid in print, but nonetheless, I am knitting one. Hopefully it will turn into an item that will be the envy of everyone who sees the forthcoming picture of it on this very blog. Or, it could be fodder for numbers of comments laced with hilarity and ridicule. Either way, it's all good.


One thing I do need to start is the bag for my FFBE pal. I'm still debating about what to make for her. I think I've decided on the pattern, but not sure of the yarn yet. And, I need to finish up what I'm putting together for my K1T2 Pal. I've got yarn and patterns for two other wraps as well, that I'd love to get started on. *sigh* So many projects.... So little time....

6 comments:

Dorothy said...

A felted ball sounds really nice! I bet it will look great!

Nichole said...

I think we're connected ... lol... I'm planning to cast on a shawl this week and I have a felted bowl in my "line up" to cast on shortly (the "one skein" book one)!

Dr. Purl said...

Wow, you got a lot of project started. I wish I could do that but I do... I never finish even one of them.

Rachel said...

no ridicule...a good friend of mine designs and makes lots of felted bowls and some of them are really cool!

I know exactly what you mean about the smell of fall...it's one of my favorite smells!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I know what you mean about winter/fall. I love this time of year. Well, come to think of it, I find the good in all the seasons,so I guess I live in the right place!

Melody said...

Well said.