Thursday, September 13, 2007

Look What I Won!!!!

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I stopped by Grace's blog this to see who'd won her fabulous contest. I'd convinced myself that there was no way I'd win. You know: Low expectations equal less disappointment. (Mm Hmm!) So, when I saw my name listed as the winner of the silk drop garn shawl... WOW!

Being I was in school, I had to maintain a modecum of decorum, and I can assure you that no screams were heard throughout the building. However, I'm glad my students were at the library and no one could see me, because I shot back from my computer, and sat there in my chair stamping my feet up and down like a tantrumming (yes, that's a word--it's a technical term!) toddler. "I won!, I won!, I can't believe I won!".

I think I heard a little voice say: "Ya, you won alright, but you're also psycho nuts, lady". Here's a picture of the shawl. Isn't it just lovely? I lifted this picture right off Grace's blog. (I hope that's okay, Grace!?!)
When my kiddos returned, I showed the girls my new shawl, and they're anxious for me to bring it to school so they can see it. The guys... well, they weren't quite as interested. No extra credit for them, I tell ya!

The shawl will be treasured, and I can hardly wait to receive it.

9 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Yes, a few of my bloggy friends have won... You're all making me jealous!

Hope you are well otherwise and have a great weekend!

StarSpry said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful prize :)

AllyB said...

Congratulations! Doesn't Grace do fabulous work?!

Alaina said...

I am green with envy....

How awesome for you!!

Congratulations!

Dorothy said...

Congratulations! That's the shawl I liked best too! Enjoy it!

Nichole said...

Congrats you lucky ducky!

Btw, I believe groundhogs and woodchucks are one in the same! :) I guess our Chuckies are just extra cute, lol!

Channon said...

Love that shawl. Can't wait for mine either.

Thanks for the feedback on Wooly Stripes. I haven't used it yet and can't wait!

I will try the Harmony needles tomorrow(Saturday). If I love them (traditionally, a metal girl here), I may have to spring for the whole set!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! that's a beautiful shawl!

Miss Me said...

lucky lady! the shawl is gorgeous.