Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall Felted Bag Exchange Weekly Topic # 3

How often do you change the purse or bag you're carrying? With all the fun bags there are, and I certainly have my share, you'd think I'd change more often than I do, but when I get real comfy with a purse it's hard for me to move on!!
Do you change based on seasons? I probably tend to change with seasons more than anything. I like to carry something "summery" and "fun" when it's hot, and in the winter I tend to use a "reliable workhorse"!!

Outfits? Sometimes, especially if it's a special occasion. Or even if I'm just in the "mood".

Something else? Well, if I'm attending a craft show or similar event where I don't want to lug my loaded bag, I have a small Coach purse that holds some cash, check blanks, and a credit card. Then I throw in some lip balm, Advil (sore feet, you know!!), a pen, and maybe some tissue. It's small, light, and holds only the "musts". Works great!

What's your favorite bag in the world (and it doesn't have to be a knit/felted one!)? Hmmm..... that's a tough one, but I think I would have to go with my Black and Brass Coach Willis Bag. Everything fits just right, it's got just enough pockets, black goes with everything, and it's an all around comfortable bag to carry. It's a great basic bag, and I love it. Hubby has my camera today, so I can't take a picture of it, but I do have a picture of the felted bag I'm carrying right now. I knit it with one strand of Patons SWS and one of Lamb's Pride, which gave it the nubby look. I do get quite a few comments on this purse.
I made a lot of felted bags before I actually started carrying one myself, but this one has worked out well for me. Just today during my break at school I was going through a pattern book trying to decide which bag to make for myself next. I've kinda got a hankering for a new one!!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

The bag is beautiful! I tend to use a workhorse during the winter too. I'm way more likely to switch purses during the summer.

Have a great day!

Channon said...

Ummm... a new felted bag... Isn't that the point of the exchange? ;)

I LOVE the SWS double stranded with the other yarn. I bet I could do that with my beloved Sidekick pattern and get the slightly larger bag of my dreams!

(So it will be *YOUR* fault when Anne's bag isn't done in time, because I have to do another one for me! I have just the thing in mind... the lush Malabrigo Anne gave me, and some SWS I love dearly.)

Amy said...

That felted bag is amazing!

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm still amazed at all of the wonderful new people I'm meeting because of it!