Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Topic of the Week # 4~~

Are there any recipes you especially enjoy having in the Fall? Any foods that are seasonal that you especially enjoy? Some of the fall recipes I enjoy tend to be things we serve on Thanksgiving. LIke pumpkin pie, and steamed cranberry pudding. I got the pudding recipe from my great aunt many years ago, when I was a kid, really, after having it at her home and thinking it was just the most wonderful thing ever! In case you're curious, here's how it's made:

Steamed Cranberry Pudding

1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 cups cranberries, cut in halves
Pinch of salt
1-2 cup light molasses
1/2 cup hot water
2 scant tsp. soda

Mix flour, berries, and salt. Combine molasses, soda and hot water and mix into flour and cranberries.

Butter the top of a double boiler, add the pudding, and steam over boiling water for 2-1/2 hours.

Sauce:

1 cup sugar 1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cream 1 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, butter, & cream and heat together. Mix in vanilla. Serve hot over puddding. May add pecans to the butter sauce.

Obviously, the pudding is pretty undramatic... it's the buttery sauce that makes it good. My boys even like this, and they tend to be uninterested in most desserts.

I also think that hot, steamy drinks take on a whole new appeal in the fall. I'm not sure why it is, but things like coffee and tea have a different "personality" in the fall and winter than they have in the summer. And hot chocolate, of course!

3 comments:

AllyB said...

This pudding will be a great addition to our traditional favs. Thanks for the recipe. My Grama used to make Plum Pudding at Christmas and I sure do miss it. Have a great day and Sock It To Me! lol

Michelle said...

This sounds so yummy.. thakns for the recipe, I'm adding it to my 'to try' pile! :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear fellows!

Is it a deal to change iTunes to MP3? I say NI :) Its really puzzling not being able to play iTunes tracks with my $300 iriver!
Digging for a solution brings certain results. To [url=http://drm-removal.com/features/iTunestoMP3/convert_iTunes_to_MP3.htm]convert iTunes to MP3[/url] I used this tool drm removal (drm-removal.com or something like this, please ask me - will find that web again). I don't care what is drm - what I read, its something dealing with protection and nothing about iTunes.
But this tool really works for me and it converted quickly my iTuines entire library, including video files!.

How do you convert it? Why itunes brings this foolishness? I didn't like ipods at all! They simple stuck and suck!
What is that drm that I loose converting my itunes to mp3?

thanks in advance!