Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Topic of the Week # 5

So for the Topic of the week: Flash your needles and other items you use to make your wares: Dpns, circs, straights, hooks, tape measures, darning needles, favorite stitch markers, needle holders, cases, the works!
Well I certainly don't have the stash that many of you do, as I haven't been knitting all that long, but things do tend to collect, don't they? Knitting wares also have the ability to wander off, I believe, because this "stash flashing" project got me hunting for some things, which I never did find!! I take good care of my things, put them away for safe keeping, but still they disappear. I've looked where they should be, where they could be, where they might be, and where they must be because they're not any of the other places. All to no avail. You know how it is... they'll turn up unexpected one day in the most unlikely spot, and I still won't know how they got there. I think I'll blame the dog; she does seem to have in interest in all things knitting!!!

My needles have a tendency to be here and there--some in a drawer, some in a vase, some in my needlework basket, but I'm going to change that. I think the wooden box will make a great home for them, so all the straights, and probably the dpn's as well, are moving in there.

This little assignment forced me to do some cleaning, winding, and organizing, and that's a good thing!! Plus, I've really enjoyed checking out other peoples wares on their blogs. I've seen some great storage ideas that I'd love to have some day!!

2 comments:

Rena said...

Wow What a stash!!!!! That is truly and amazing needle stash. I am definitely envious of your stash. I hope you are enjoying Fall into Autumn Swap!!!! I found your blog through the swap. I am not your spoiler but checking out to see what everyone else is up to. Happy Autumn.
Val D

AllyB said...

Hey! Delurking to let you know I'm here. I really like that wood box. That's a great needle storage idea. Happy Halloween!