Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Topic of the Week #6

Now that it is getting cooler here, it makes me think of apple picking and hay rides. Are you the type that likes to go to participate in all the fall festivities like apple picking, pumpkins, decorating for the fall, hay rides, baking fall goodies, etc. or do you just sit and count the days till Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukkah?

No day counting here--- I only wish things would slow down and give me some extra time before the holidays. Where on earth does the time go??
I enjoy decorating, and have fall things that I love to put out every year. I have a basket of gourds on my coffee table, and a fun welcoming scarecrow that hangs outside my front door. I put out table squares and placemats with fall colored leaves and pumpkins on them, and I have a Longaberger basket that's shaped kind of "pumpkinish" and has a stem for the handle.
I've never been apple picking - except in my front yard - nor have I harvested pumpkins. Does sound like fun, though. I can't remember the last time I went on a hayride, but I sure would if I had the chance!
And as a side note... I had a THICK layer of frost on my car this morning when I left for work! Guess it's time to start parking in the garage.

3 comments:

Channon said...

I don't like apple PICKING, but I love going to the orchard and GETTING fresh from the tree apples...

Frost, eh? Not yet here, but we're also in the woods, so generally, frost isn't a big issue.

Channon said...

I don't like apple PICKING, but I love going to the orchard and GETTING fresh from the tree apples...

Frost, eh? Not yet here, but we're also in the woods, so generally, frost isn't a big issue.

Dorothy said...

I have to disagree with Chan. I LOVE apple picking. (Of course, my DH carries the heavy bag!) It goes surprisingly fast, and the kids really enjoy it!