Saturday, October 13, 2007

My Tea Pal Has Spoiled Me!!!

When I arrived home from work on Thursday, I found a UPS box on the corner of my step, "cleverly disguised" by having been covered with my door mat! Oh Happy Day... it was my Knit One Tea Too package from Cassie, of time warp fiber.

She put together the most thoughtful grouping of fun stuff for me. This is what I found when I opened the box:
Look at the adorable card! And that blue "square-topped shape" sticking out of the teapot is an actual teabag--Harney & Sons Orange Pekoe! How cute is that?!? The KnitPicks Memories yarn is GORGEOUS!! The color is Redwood Forest, and Cassie described it as being "lots of the colors of tea", which it is. Rich reds, browns, and greens. I tried to get a close up of the colors, but they washed out so much with the flash that there's no point in even showing them. I can hardly wait to knit something up with it. Then the Sugar & Cream is also a color I love. It's called Jute, but I like Cassies description of "tea and milk" much better! I promptly went to Harvest Moon Designs and ordered a new dishcloth pattern (or two, or more!!) to use with my new cotton! Check out the fun tea themed napkins.... and the wonderfully scented Jasmine candles... and the cute knit "sweater" for my tea mug. And since I wear sandals every day of my life that it isn't so cold that my toes turn blue and threaten to fall off, I got a little "whale" to help keep my feel smooth and comfy! (I just typed "mapkins" instead of "napkins"--- Made me smile, cause that's what my oldest son always called them when he was little!) And of course, the tea and goodies. Two kinds of tea with vanilla, which are perfect for me. I haven't tried either one of them before, and I know I'll love them. And a yummy muffin mix. Cassie wants me to eat one with a cup of rum vanilla tea, which I promise to do!Finally, I got a fun little "tour" of her own tea collection. These arrived with the little "mug sweater" wrapped around them! I look forward to trying each and every one of them!

Thank you SO MUCH, Cassie!!!

You have been a thoughtful and fun pal!

I have really enjoyed getting to

know you a little!

8 comments:

Mary said...

Great package Alana! Cassie sure did spoil you :) Hope you enjoy all your new goodies..that yarn is beautiful!

Channon said...

What a great package! I love the colors of tea in the yarns. Clever, clever. My own mugs are now wanting sweaters...

Cass said...

You're very welcome, I'm so glad you liked your package, I had loads of fun picking everything out and spoiling you. :)

NH Knitting Mama said...

Terrific package, you deserve it!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

What a great package you got there. Very fun stuff. love the theme of the yarn.

Grace Yaskovic said...

Oh I am so glad you were as spoiled as you spoiled me, a wonderful box of goodies!!!

Nichole said...

GREAT package... and omg, is that RUM vanilla tea? Sounds so yummy!!!!!!!!

Dorothy said...

What a wonderful package! All those teas sound delicious!