Saturday, October 27, 2007

Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap Questionnaire

COFFEE~~
What are your favorite kinds of coffee? I enjoy Starbucks, Caribou, or any other brand of good quality coffee. I enjoy Breakfast blends, as well as rich, full-bodied roasts.
Do you prefer whole bean or ground coffee? Whole bean.
This time of year, there are often Holiday Blends available, and many flavored coffees - do you drink flavored coffee? Do you enjoy special blends? Yes to both!!
How do you take your coffee? Cream and Sugar? Straight up? Decaf? No decaf. I often drink it black, but must confess to really enjoying a splash of International Delight in my coffee. My newest fave flavor is Bavarian White Chocolate. Yum!!
Do you prefer drinking from a nice thick mug, or a matched cup and saucer? Mugs... but not necessarily big and thick. I have some tall, slim English Bone China mugs that I Iove to use. I also like fun, pretty mugs, though I prefer it if they're not too big and clunky.

WINTER HOLIDAYS~~
What is your favorite part of Winter? Oh, that's a good one!! It has to be rushing to my frozen car after work in a 40 below wind chill only to go head over teakettle on the ice and twist the living daylights out of my knee! Not really... I don't mean that... there are other things about winter that are EVEN BETTER!! Seriously, I do love it when we get that rare snowfall with flakes so huge you can hear them hit the ground. When that happens, there's no wind, and the big clumps fall straight down and sparkle like diamonds. Those "big flake" snowfalls are always very short lived, and to me there's just something very cozy and comforting about that "type" of snow.
Do you celebrate a holiday in December, and if so, which holiday? We celebrate Christmas, and we do put up a tree.
Would you enjoy items related to the holiday, or would you prefer a Winter themed package? Either one would be wonderful. However, I do like decorations that are more artsy, as I'm not a big fan of "cute".
Do you collect anything? There are many things that I enjoy and have a few of, but not really anything that I collect.
Are there any holiday or winter-themed items (Snowmen, Angels, Snoflakes, Santas, etc) that you collect? I do have a few snowmen, and really like them. I have a couple made by Lang, and they're SO fun. My son gave me a Willow Tree angel last year, and I love it! I would like to add a couple more of them to my shelf sometime.
Do you wear scarves? Mittens? Hats? I'm bad about just throwing on my coat and heading out the door, but I do like to wear scarves sometimes. I wear gloves rather than mittens, and seldom wear a hat--only when it's storming and I have to clean off my car after work!!
What is your favorite holiday or winter treat? Something hot and yummy to drink.... a nice mocha or latte hits the spot, or sometimes a flavored hot chocolate is fun. And popcorn. I love sitting down with a bowl of nice, hot kettle corn!
Please share a favorite Winter or Holiday memory. We have three couples who we've been friends with for over 30 years, and our kids have grown up together. Each year we get together for a Christmas celebration sometime during the holiday season. We do "family" gifts, and in the past our kids would also exchange presents among themselves. It got more and more difficult to find things to buy for the kids, so one year we decided to ask them if they'd like to give gifts to a needy family instead of getting gifts themselves. They all liked the idea right away, which kind of surprised us, so we pooled all the money we would have spent on each others children and bought clothes, toys, and groceries for a needy family we knew that went to our church. Once everything was wrapped and ready, we dropped it off at their door, rang the doorbell, and took off. Doing that allowed us to feel the true spirit of what Christmas is all about, and seeing our children participating and getting so much joy out of giving was a special blessing for us as parents.

YARN AND CRAFTING~~
Do you Knit or Crochet? For how long? I learned both from my grandma when I was very young. However, it was crochet I took to, and did lots of it over the years. About three years ago I decided to expand my knitting horizons, and found that I love it!! It started with scarves and progressed to felted bags. Now I want to try anything and everything!!
Do you like wooden, metal, or plastic needles? Circular or straight? I use both wood and metal needles. I have wood straights and circs, and I recently bought a few addi turbo circs, and find I like them very much, as well.
What sort of projects do you enjoy making? I love making felted bags... they really got me hooked on knitting. Lately I've been just nuts about knitting dishcloths, making one after the other. Some things I'm planning to start are a couple of shawls, some felted slippers, a non-felted handbag, fingerless gloves, and some mobius projects such as a scarf and some bowls.
What are your favorite types of yarn to work with? I love wool, and also cotton. I have to like the way yarn looks and feels, and then if I think it will wear well and hopefully not pill, I'll give it a try.
Do you spin or dye? No, but it sure looks like fun!
Do you do other crafts? I've done a lot of beading, though not recently, and a really miss it.

GENERAL~~
When is your birthday? April 25.
Do you have any children? (Furry kind count!) My husband and I have three sons ages 25, 21, and 21. We also have two dogs, one of which is snoring very loudly right now! Flex and Jayda are 6-1/2 year old Boxers.
What are your favorite colors? I like rich colors: teals, berry shades, navy... jewel tones. I'm not a fan of brights and pastels.
Do you have any allergies? No.

2 comments:

Alaina said...

I enjoyed reading through your responses - even though I am not in the swap... :)

You and I are very similiar creatures..some of your upcoming projects are also lurking around my knitting wish list....

also...love that "Charlie Brown" snowfall...the really big ones that float down and settle quietly...all the world seems to be still...

Hope all is well in your world...thanks for the comments about Max...

Happy knitting

Anonymous said...

Hello, pal o' mine! I'll get a proper email to you eventually, but I did want to let you know I'm out here, lurking and reading, and shopping for you!