Monday, November 5, 2007

Winter Wonderland Topic of the Week #1

When did you first start drinking coffee? What age were you? Was it about the caffeine, or do you love the taste and smell? Tell us how your passion began!
I didn't start drinking coffee until I was an adult. When my youngest son started kindergarten, I started substitute teaching. Others I worked with were always dragging around a mug and drinking coffee. I felt like I was missing out on something. There was a certain "romance", or "charm" to this coffee drinking thing. So, what choice did I have but to start carrying a mug in my briefcase so I could join in the fun! I really didn't like the taste of the coffee; it was more the "idea" of drinking it that appealed to me!

The next step was to go to a coffee shop, and there I discovered the mixed espresso drinks!! Oh ya... liked those!!! We have a shop in town that roasts its own beans, so the smell in there is beyond description. You don't even need to buy coffee... all you have to do is inhale! Pure Coffee Bliss!!

My coffee "habit" grew slowly over a number of years, going from something I enjoyed occasionally to the beverage I can't leave home without every morning when I head off to school.

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Its all about fitting in with the cool kids, huh? LOL ha ha

Chris said...

I was 32 before I started drinking coffee. Always loved the smell of it but not the taste. Started drinking it because it was always at gatherings, etc. Now I have another bad habit. Have been drinking it 26 years now. Almost quit when I had a heart attack. Didn't drink it for 6 months--but hubby always had to have it so I picked it back up about 7 years ago. Ahh well- we will all die of something.

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh I wonder if you can overdose form teh inhale...lol I would love it!