Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Winter Wonderland Topic of the Week #3

This coming Thursday is Thanksgiving in the U.S., so let's all - American or not- share what it is we're thankful for. A wonderful thing to do any time of year, I thought it'd be a nice thing to share for this week with the group!Family: Mine is fairly small, so each member is a treasure. The love and support of family is a wonderful blessing in my life.
Friends: I have some of the most wonderful friends in the whole wide world! I don't know what I did to deserve them, but I sure am thankful that I have them!!
Home: It's warm and comfortable, and I love "coming home" here each day.
Music: Music is a huge part of my life, and it provides me with countless hours of enjoyment. I love to listen to music, but I play the piano, so I participate actively as well. I'm a member of the band that plays for two contemporary services at my church every Sunday, and it's something I just love to do. Great fun rockin' and rollin' with the others!!
My Woofers: I didn't even like dogs until my oldest son bribed me into letting him get one about 6-1/2 years ago. He promised not to get a crotch rocket cycle if I'd let him get a dog. For this mom, that was a no-brainer! Now we have two beasts, the boy child has moved out (and has another HUGE dog of his own), and the "original two" are mine. I adore them and spoil them rotten. And yes, he did keep his promise about the crotch rocket!!
Job: I'm fortunate to be able to teach in a small private school with a group of fantastic people. It's very different from what I'd been doing previously, and it's great!
My Hands: This may sound strange, but I'm thankful for all the things that I am able to do with my hands, and the amount of enjoyment I get from doing those things. My whole life I've been artsy in a number of different ways, and I can't imagine not being busy with my hands. From lettering to coloring, needlepoint to cross stitch, stamping to beading, crocheting to knitting, and playing the piano, my hands love doing all that and much more.
Faith: I'm blessed with a faith that I can count on no matter what life sends my way. I always have somewhere to go, and someone to turn to through all the ups and downs of life.
Little Things: Every day there are the "little things" that bring joy and make life interesting: Coffee with a friend, an unexpected conversation with a stranger, or a colorful tree on the way home from work. Or, an hour to sit and knit with a cup of strong coffee and a candle burning on a nearby table.
Have a Wonderful
Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

What a wonderful answer! And of course, such pretty beasties. ;-) I always enjoy seeing pictures of them.

Anonymous said...

Great answers, and lovely pictures. I'll be doing some shopping for you this week!

Your Coffee Pal