Friday, January 11, 2008

Defeat the Winter Doldrums Questionnaire~~

I just couldn't resist doing another dishcloth swap-- they're just too fun; so, here are the answers to my questions.

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? I can do both, but for the last while I've only been knitting.

2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? I just love my size 7 Lantern Moon Rosewood needles, and when I need size 8 I use Brittany Birch. Really like them and want to add more sizes of both to my stash.

3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? I like both Sugar & Cream and Peaches & Creme. Is there any that you've been wanting to try? I've not seen them, but have thought maybe I'd like to try Lion Brand Organic Cotton or Bernat Handicrafters. I enjoy trying new things, so am open to pretty much anything.

4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)? My kitchen is mainly a soft teal green, with accents of other soft, neutral colors. The "guys" bathroom is taupe and teal green, and my bathroom is just kind of soft colored and blah--white, hints of soft rose, beige.

5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? I like rich, saturated colors: hunter and teal greens, wine shades, navy, jewel tones, woodsy colors. Least favorite? I'm not fond of primarys, pastels, and neons. Also don't care for novelty yarns.

6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends? I like it for a while, but then I start to get antsy for spring, and here in North Dakota the winters are cold and long! Snow I don't mind, but the bitter cold is awful. There's nothing "cozy" about walking out of school in the afternoon to a temperature of 23 degrees below zero. (Love that remote car starter--Thanks Hubby!!)

7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps? I've got so many interests that I don't tend to get dumpsy very often, but if I do, working with my hands is the best cure. Knitting, beading, even paper work. Add a good cup of coffee, a scented candle, and I'm all set.

8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when your down in the dumps? I enjoy so many things, how do I decide? A Starbucks Coffee, maybe a good home made cookie. And chocolate-- you can never go wrong with chocolate... Snickers, Milk Duds, the list goes on and on.

9. Do you drink coffee? Do I drink coffee??? yes... Yes... YES!! It gets me going in the morning, and I sip on it throughout the day. Tea? Recently I've gotten into the habit of having tea in the evening, and I really enjoy it. Actually, the tea swap that got me started doing this, and it's become something I really look forward to. There really are some delicious teas out there! Cocoa? Yup, but it's not something I drink often.

10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do? I'm debating between New York City and the English countryside. I might change my mind by tomorrow, but tonight I'm gonna go with New York. I would shop--not so much the big department stores, but the small shops. Yarn shops, for sure! Quaint shops with things for the kitchen and fun gifts. I'd eat in fun cafes and restaurants, see some exhibits, perhaps take in a Broadway show.

11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of? Nope.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I've been dreaming of just walking the streets of NYC, and stopping in at Serendipity for ice cream! Maybe we can meet up at a yarn shop! :)

Alaina said...

I think New York would be a fun trip - Let me know and I'll come with....hee hee.

Your colors are so similiar to mine -

and...thank God for remote starters!!!!

Take care.