Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Blogiversary And A Contest!

Anne and Martina are having a blogiversary, and to celebrate they're having a contest. Stop by and enter, and please, Please, PLEEEEASE tell them I sent you. It will lift my spirits on this blustery winter night.

I don't know what's going on outside, and I don't want to look, but the wind has come up and things are banging and rattling out there, and usually we don't hear stuff like that inside the house. Of course, hubby and only-son-living-at-home have gone off to the Twin Cities, so I'm here all by my lonesome. I'm really hoping we don't get some vicious snow during the night, 'cause shoveling the white stuff just isn't my cup of tea. Breaks my back. (Speaking of tea, I'm enjoying a cup of French Vanilla that I got from my tea swap pal, and it's delish!!)

I REALLY want my doggies to sleep with me tonight, but I know they won't. I can coax and beg, but they want to be on their cushions, which just happen to be on my leather family room sofa. (Spoiled brats!) If we're hit by a nasty "nor-easter", are dumped with several feet of snow, and the electricity goes out, they'll be cuddled up on their pillows, while I'm all alone in my huge bed, turning blue as the indoor temperature begins to dip below the freezing point. Just thinking about it makes me feel queasy.

Must head off to bed, cause I've gotta be up early for school tomorrow. Ya, today was back to school for me. Boo hoo :o( Maybe I'll I sneek just the teeniest peek outside as I pad my way to the bedroom.

6 comments:

Nichole said...

I had a lonely night last night as well, as Matt had to travel to OR for work, but he'll thankfully be back tonight. Unlike you, all the dogs want to cuddle in bed with Mommy... but unfortunately Lola spends most of the night crying for Daddy and waking everyone up... needless to say, I'm doing a lot of YAWNing today! :)

chanknits said...

The dogs and I will be alone this weekend too. Every night is cuddle night with these two. I hope you didn't awake to much snow.

Dorothy said...

I keep forgetting to tell you - I entered the contest and told anne and martina you sent me!

Alaina said...

I had to go back to work on Wednesday also.... :(

Hope you survived the storm - I hate sleeping alone - and I hate being cold -

Anonymous said...

Hello Alana,

Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know I am going to be your Angel for the "Fall into Autumn" exchange. I am on a trip right now, but I am starting to put together a package of goodies for you. I will stay in touch and plan to get something out to you in the next couple of weeks. I look forward to getting a chance to read through your blog and learn more about you!

Gryffinitter said...

I got your E-mail and tried to reply, but my email is being all wonky - so are a bunch of things right now with my computer. So I am letting you know I am here and plotting for you already!

T From the "Misfit" swap!