Saturday, January 26, 2008

TAG~~~ I'm It!

Wow! This is the first time I've ever been tagged ~~ Dorothy over at Mommy + Knitter "caught" me! Now let's see if I've got what it takes to follow all the steps!!

7 Random Facts Meme

Here are the rules, and they must be posted to your blog.
Link to the person’s blog who tagged you (see above).
List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog and also so they can look at your blog and not tag the same people all over again!

1. I wear Birkenstock shoes/sandals almost all the time, and have about 30 pair of them in all styles and colors. I'm not remotely, nor have I ever been, "hippy-ish" or " mother-earthy" - it's strictly a comfort thing. Once you get used to them, nothing else feels the same!!

2. I used to dislike dogs; even said I hated them. (I was scared horribly by one as a child.) Almost seven years ago now my son bargained with me to get one, and that hound (Flex) and his "sister" (Jayda-- who came along four months later), have totally transformed me! Now, not only do I love my own dogs, I just love dogs period!!

3. I started accompanying a church choir when I was is Jr. High School, and have been involved in music ministry pretty much full-time ever since. Hmm, that must be over 30 years!!

4. I would rather be at home by myself, knitting and drinking coffee, than out somewhere with a bunch of people. It doesn't take a lot of activity to make me happy!!

5. I'm not one who has "lots and lots" of friends. I have casual friends, and a small group of "best" friends who are priceless to me. I've known them for years, and we are there for each other no matter what.

6. I like fussing around with details. I can work for hours getting something I'm making to be just the way I want it. When I clean/organize, I don't like to just make things look better on the surface. I like every tidbit to be just where it should be. (This is not always a good thing!!)

7. I don't enjoy the mundane, at all! Cooking and cleaning drive me nuts, and I try to get out of them whenever I can. I prefer to be doing something, almost anything, with my hands. My mom tells me I've been this way ever since I was little. (Messy bedroom, beautiful coloring book!)

Okay, now for the hard part. It's going to be tough for me to tag seven people, as I have this silly fear of tagging someone who does not want to be tagged. (Maybe that's number 8!) But, this is a fun way to get to know each other a little better, and a couple of those I'm tagging I don't know very well, yet! So, here goes. I tag:

Alaina: http://www.idratherbknitting.blogspot.com/
Jessi: http://alabamafiberdreams.wordpress.com/
Donna: http://knitinggal.blogspot.com/
Nichole: http://www.lapdogcreations.com/
Rachel: http://timesweareliving.blogspot.com/
Ally: http://allybthatsme.blogspot.com/
Sue: http://knittingasfastasican.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Nichole said...

I think I second your #4 a lot of the time! :)
I am shocked at your former dislike of dogs, but glad you came around!!! :)

Alaina said...

Thanks (I think...hee hee) on the tag.

That was a lot of thinking!

I will have to try your shoe recommendation....

I second Nicole, can't believe you once hated dogs.

I agree with the sitting home and knitting - totally my kind of day...

Dorothy said...

Thanks for sharing, Alana! I'm not a big fan of the mundane either! I have heard that birkenstocks are amazingly comfortable - maybe I'll try some one of these days!