Monday, February 25, 2008

It's Fun Being A Misfit!!

Grace hosted a small swap for some of us who didn't get signed up for the cocoa swap, so ours became the "Misfit Cocoa Swap". Well, misfits we may be, but we sure had a lot of fun. I had a great pal, and we emailed back and forth all the time. It was not a secret swap, and we sent to each other. When my package came, I opened it to find all these wonderfully wrapped lovlies!
First, lots of great cocoa, and some delish biscotti...
Next, the yarn. What swap is complete without the yarn?? Everything in my whole package was color coordinated. It was just so fun to keep unwrapping! Both of these yarns are new to me, and I love trying new things. And I know my pal, Theresa, has a couple of ideas for this yarn as well. I wanted the counter, as now I can have one in my basket at home, and one in my traveling knitting bag. Not good to have to use a scrap of paper for row counting when you're "on the road"! I needed that size of needles, too.Theresa does beautiful bead and wirework, and she made me some fabulous accessories. Would you pull my hair and knock me down to get that great shawl pin away from me?? I lurve it to pieces! And... earrings!
And stitch markers in two sizes. Notice the adorable little knitting charms!
Then, the perfect scissors for my "on the go" knitting. How many times have I reached into my bag and stabbed my hand with my sharp scissors. Well, no more! These scissors have a point protector to keep me from harming myself, and a great fob (notice more knitting charms, and the one turned on its side is a fat little lamb) I've been using them ever since they arrived, and I love 'em!
My only regret about this swap is that it's over. It's been so much fun.
Thank you Theresa for all
the wonderful gifts!
You've been a great swap pal,
and it's been fun
getting to know you!!

9 comments:

chanknits said...

What a lovely, thoughtful package! I nearly bought some Cartwheel yesterday...

secret said...

What a great package. That has alot of fun stuff.

Grace Yaskovic said...

what a great package and I won't beat you up this time for the pin because I have one she made for me too!!! T and I tried to meet up at Rhinebeck last year but it didn't work out, maybe soon---we really aren't far from one another

Hope all goes well with the wrap you are knitting and I hope you get things all situated with your Mom.

I was so crazy knitting this weekend I didn't blog but I'll proabably have tons to say this week!!!! <3 Grace

Dorothy said...

I might pull your hair and knock you down for the shawl pin. The yarn is beautiful! What a great package!

Nichole said...

What a GREAT swap package!!!

Jane Doe Jenn said...

Wow, what beautiful things! That has got to be the largest gift package I've ever seen!

Keep us posted to what you decide to make with all that lovely yarn!

Gryffinitter said...

Oh, I am so glad you liked it and that it all looks ok on Camera! I haven't taken those pictures yet - probably tomorrow - I have a one gig card and when the camera needs cleaning out it ain't kidding and takes forever! But what I did was use the cartwheel to make a Flora from Knitty.com, with the solid for the flower. Then I made a Calorimetry - two or three rows of cartwheel, lots of solid, then the last row or two and the bind-off in cartwheel again. I also made a pair of simple mits from one ball of cartwheel - I will get you the page so you can print it. I figured that made a nice "in the house" set for a chilly person - hands, neck and ears warm, and all nicely coordinating. If you did not want to be bothered with the flower, you could just use the shawl pin... or even the stitch marker pin, actually...

I am so glad you liked everything and will try to get the pictures of the terrific stuff you sent me up tomorrow! I think Grace ran a terrific swap and I'd be your partner any time!

T, who is going to meet gracie int he flesh one of these days...

affectioknitter said...

Wow - what a great swap package - I love those little knitting charms...

Gryffinitter said...

*cough turn red cough* it took a little longer than "till tomorrow" but your stuff is finally up on my blog! Go take a look! Gryffinitter.blogspot.com