Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Little Hat~~

I've finished my first little hat, and now I'm anxious to send it off to Amanda for her "Hats off to Megan" project! I'm a little iffy about the size, as I don't have anyone to try it on, and I'm new to hats, but hopefully it will work. Here it is perched on a dishtowel draped ball of yarn. There are three rows of a cute little "hole" pattern, but they don't show up on the pics.
I used Regia Bamboo, double stranded, which knit up like a dream. I had previously tried it while learning to knit socks, but I didn't like it for that. Too soft and mooshy--droopy on my foot. But, it worked out great for a hat!
Very blah day today. I usually love getting things done on Saturday, but not so today. I've managed to get some bug from all my snotty little students who are always coughing and sneezing on me, so I'm lazy and good-fer-nuttin'. I only did things that required little to no energy. I boxed up my goodies for my Misfit Cocoa Swap pal, so that's wrapped and ready to go. Wanted to get it mailed, too, but far too lazy for that, I fear. Going to the Post Office just sounds so much like... work.

I did get a bunch of patterns and yarn listed on ebay, which I've been wanting to do for a while. Last year my school teamed up with a Ben Franklin store that was going out of business for an auction, and I couldn't resist picking up some yarn that I'd been wanting, but didn't want to spend the money to get. It was sold by the boxful, so I'd get more than I needed of something, or some that I didn't want in order to get the items I really needed. Well, even though it's nice stuff, some of it I can part with, which will work out great, because then I'll have room for more yarn. Does that make sense? Well, ya, of course it does.

Last night I knit a couple of flowers that I will felt and put on a bag for a friend of mine who's having a birthday. I'd hoped to finish them this evening, but looking at the time, I see that the evening is just about gone. And, considering how well I didn't sleep last night, I should try to get to bed early tonight. But first, a long, hot shower followed by some tea and maybe just a little knitting...



7 comments:

Dorothy said...

I haven't been sleeping all that well either!

I'm knitting the purse sized Noni, but if it goes well, I might do the medium sized one.

Have a great day!

Anne said...

Ooh that looks great! And it even looks like it might fit a human being so that puts you ahead of where I usually am with hats LOL

chanknits said...

What a great use for that yarn! I have some too, and since it was the second pair of socks I made, I thought I just knitted too loosely and THAT was why it drooped!

All of that build-up and then you don't tell us how to find you on eBay?! ;)

Rachel said...

Are you sure you are new to hats? It looks great and I'm sure Megan/Amanda will love it!

Nichole said...

Cute hat!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I know what you mean about the "blah"... I had that a week or so ago.

Good for you for cleaning out your yarn. It is liberating to be able to get rid of the stuff you know you'll never use. I did it a year ago and never regretted it.

Bubblesknits said...

The hat looks great! I love the color.