Monday, February 4, 2008

Winter Doldrums Topic #3 ~~

This week we're asked to share pictures of our dishcloth making supplies. I have a small wood trunk where I keep all my cotton yarn. That way, when I'm headed out and need a new knitting project that travels well, all I have to do is reach in and grab a skein and I'm all set! Probably about three "layers" of yarny goodness in there!!Next, the accessories that I use for knitting my dishcloths. When my LYS gave me that little clear zipper bag, I must admit I thought it was kind of silly, but, it's turned out to be a favorite! Holds everything I need, and I can see just what I've got and where it is with a quick glance. The cute metal tin that holds a ball of yarn used to be my Grandmas, so it's very old. Works like a charm, though, and I love using it not only because it's practical, but because it used to belong to her!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

What a GREAT tin! I'm sure it's much more fun since it was your Grandma's. I learned to knit on my grandmother's needles, and I love that!

secret said...

This helps me out tremendously. I love thing I have from my grandparents and great. They are so special.

Alaina said...

Love that tin!!!

I didn't leave a comment further down....nice job on the hat - it looks so soft :)

Dorothy said...

I know, I have no stash. I'm not very good at looking at yarn and envisioning a pattern - I work the other way around. I should probably have a dishcloth yarn stash though - any pattern works with most yarns! I'm jealous of your stash!