Saturday, February 9, 2008

Winter Doldrums Topic #4 ~~

Some of us get the winter doldrums and others don't. For those who do, what helps you get rid of them? If you don't get the doldrums, what helps you keep them away?

For the most part I don't get them, even though we experience severe winters here. I think it's because I'm a "home body", so I enjoy doing things around home, and love doing creative things with my hands. That keeps me occupied and content without having to be out in the weather.

Now, when we have a stretch of more than three days where the high temperature doesn't manage to creep above zero, that tends to be a little "doldrumy", and even going to and from work is a chore. Even then, once I'm home and can just stay in and do my thing, I'm okay. Just give me my knitting, my beads, or a book, and I'm happy. I don't even mind busy-work like paying the bills or organizing a closet!

No comments: