Monday, February 18, 2008

Winter Doldrums Topic #5

If money were no object, and the day was just perfect - not to hot, not too cold, sun shining, slight breeze - how would you spend a perfect day out that had been given to you in the middle of a cold and blustery winter?

Sounds heavenly, especially given we're back in the deep freeze and can't seem to pull our temperatures above zero, even during the day. I'm freezing, even sitting inside my warm house with a blankie over my legs. And I usually run HOT, not cold. Anyway....

My day would have to be no muss, no fuss. Just somehow magically "dropped" there with all my necessities in the morning, and then gently "dropped" back home at the end of the day. Between drops I would be at a small lake where I could listen to the birds singing and the waves lapping. I'd be sitting at a nice umbrella table, with my feet up and a bag with a couple knitting projects and maybe a pattern book or two at my side. On the table would be a French press filled with hot, strong coffee (this would change to sweetened iced tea in the afternoon, and back to coffee later in the day), and a pistachio muffin.

I would saunter into the nearby log cabin to grab what I needed for snacks and meals. Perhaps a ham and cheese croissant with fruit for lunch, and maybe crab cakes for dinner. And occassional sweets to go with the beverages would definately be in order. Mmmm.... sounds wonderful!

4 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Wow. Can I join you? That sounds wonderful!

Dorothy said...

Oh, I like the idea of just being "dropped" there. A log cabin by a lake sounds wonderful!

affectioknitter said...

That sounds nice! We're still below zero here...

Jane Doe Jenn said...

I can actually hear the ripping of the water... wish I were there! Sounds so serene. I would so love to just sit and listen to the sounds of the water and the natural surroundings!