Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I Got the GREATEST Doldrums Package Ever!

First of all, let me mention that Amanda is having a PMS contest over at her blog. Now doesn't that just sound like something you might want to check out!?! And, don't forget to tell her I sent you!

Ooooh-eee, did I ever have a thoughtful Winter Doldrums package waiting for me when I got home from school today! Holly was my spoiler, and let me tell you, did she ever make me feel like a queen. As you can see, even the box it arrived in was cool....
I unwrapped one fun thing after the other....
First off, since this was a dishcloth exchange and all, are two very cool dishcloths. She used fun patterns, both of which are new to me. The multi-colored one is really textured--the honey comb design is raised and gives it a 3-D look. Love 'em! Then, she sent a bunch of loverly yarn and knitting accessories. Two skeins of Cascade Quatro in a very pretty colorway, and three skeins of cotton. I can't get the Bernat Handicrafters around here, so I've been wanting to try it! I LURVE Brittany birch needles... need I say more? And, I've been yearning for the Chibi so I can have one in my "grab it and go" knitting bag and another one in my knitting basket by my chair at home. The stitch markers, which came in the cute little gold bag, are rich colors and a great size. The soap and lotion set (vanilla cream... yum!) in the little caddy is going straight into MY bathroom. There will be no sharing that with the guys! The tea will be sampled before I go to bed tonight, and I simply adore the stitch a day calendar. I've already paged through half the year and it's given me all kinds of ideas! I don't have a book like that, so it will be a great resource for me.

Thank you, Holly, for being
a great Doldrums pal!
It's been fun getting to know you,
and I thank you so much for
the great package you sent!!

8 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

What a great package!!!

chanknits said...

Wow! Look at all those goodies... I love Cascade Quattro.

Grace Yaskovic said...

Oh that is a great package, I love the cloths and the yarn, well darn I love it all---enjoy it Alana!!

Nichole said...

what a great package of goodies!

Grace Yaskovic said...

Its me again I would love the info on the patterns using the Patons Grace, I have other skeins of it around too and that would be so cool!!! Thanks Alana

NH Knitting Mama said...

Oh, what a good package! The Cascade looks awesome...

Thanks for the link. I have put your name in the hat!

Alaina said...

What an awesome package!!

So...what ya going to make??

Grace Yaskovic said...

WHERE ARE YOU???? I am getting worried