Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ive Got Some Catchin' Up To Do...

Well, it was awhile ago now, but Dorothy surprised me with the "You Make My Day Award", and I will admit that getting it really did help to make MY day! I'm a very "small scale" blogger, and to be called out by someone who enjoys reading my blog was very cool! There are also some great bloggers who make my day everytime I read their posts, but unless I'm mistaken, they've all received this award already, so just check out the "Where I Go" list on my sidebar, and you'll see who they are! If you're on that list, you are definately a "Day Maker" for me! ~~~Big, fat hugs to all of you~~~

This was a super fun surprise: I won a contest over at modest purls -- a $25 gift certificate to The Loopy Ewe! I'm so excited... I've never ordered from Loopy Ewe, but have done lots of window shopping! Well, now I shall order, and I can hardly wait. I've been drooling over an especially gorgeous skein of Sea Silk, and there's also some Cherry Tree Hill yarn calling out to me. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

I finished the wrap I was working on a while back, but haven't posted pics because I was waiting to get it blocked. Well, I'm still waiting, but decided at least to steam it somewhat into shape with my iron so I could take some pictures and get them up. I know at least one person was anxious to see them--Yes, Chan, I'm talking about YOU!!
I'm not all that pleased with the way it photographed. I tried it both indoors and out, and couldn't get quite what I wanted, but you know how that goes. Here are the finished specs:
Size: 84 x 21
Yarn: Noro Aurora (ten balls)
Needles: Straights, size 8 (wood)
Pattern: Saw something similar in a book or
magazine, scribbled a few notes on a scrap
of paper, and put it together as best I could.
(Ya, I know.)
I do expect it will get a little bigger once it's properly blocked, especially in the width, which will open up the lacy "stripes" a bit more, as well. The little light/shiny spots are where the yarn is wrapped with an irridescent fiber. It's randomly here and there, but looks kind of nice.
Then, Chan tagged me for Book Tag.
Here are the rules:
Pick a book at least 123 pages long.
Open that book to page 123.
Find the fifth sentence and post the next three.
Then tag five other people to do the same.
* * * * * * * * * *
Since I'm not reading anything at the moment, I chose one of the last books I read, One Holy Fire, by Nicky Cruz.
"Raymond, I have to be honest with you. I don't know what to tell you. I'm not equipped to help you deal with your pain."
* * * * * * * * * *
This thought that makes me smile... I only have five more weeks of school. Whadaya think about that?? I can hardly wait to be able to sit out on the patio in the mornings with my hounds and sip coffee while the sun rises and the birds chirp.
Speaking of my dogbabies, they love the warm spring sun. Here they are lovin' and snoozin' on their couch in the sunroom as the sun pours through the window. They'd be sad to know that their mommy has plans to set that couch out on the berm during spring clean-up week.
Guess Flex is wondering why I'm snapping pictures. Or maybe he can read my mind and that crabby face means he doesn't even want me thinking about getting read of their old, torn, hairy, dusty (wonderful, perfect, sweet-smelling) couch.

This summer I'm going to try NOT to take on a huge project that disrupts my whole household for weeks. The painting of my livingroom, foyer, stairwell, and halls last summer was a royal pain in the neck. There are STILL a few things in a far bedroom that haven't been put away. However, I am thrilled with the results, and enjoy them each and every day.

I've still got lots of yarn, and other stuff, that I want to put on ebay, so I'm going to do that. I'd also like to have a garage sale, but that means DH must first clean the garage to my specifications, and I'm not holding my breath on that one. And, I do want to get my basement in order. It's a finished basement, but it needs some serious (VERY serious) de-cluttering, getting-rid-of, and cleaning. Get those things done, and it would really be a great place to hang out.

I've started working on two more lace projects. Even took some pics of my (not all that much) progress, but I'll wait to post them till next time. They're both fun, but one of them is REALLY cool! At least I think so!

I'll leave you with a picture of a little bag that I crocheted to hold a gift for a swap I was in a while ago. No pattern... just made it to fit a little something I wanted to tuck into the box.
.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

The wrap is beautiful...really pretty colors in it! And your dogs are too funny! We are both counting down days to the end of school it would seem!!

chanknits said...

Forget the wrap - although it is incredible and I do love the "shimmery" bits -

How 'bout those adorable dogs?! That's so very cute.

And the wrap is so lovely. I'm sure it will grow a bit or more when you soak and block it. (Of course, I wanna' see those photos too... I bet the pattern is going to open up...)

affectioknit said...

The wrap is really pretty - so are the dogs. Congratulations on the win!

alabamafiberdreams said...

Wouldn't you know blogger ate my first comment? Geesh. Maybe it'll leave this one alone. LOL

The doggies are adorable! It's so cute that they snuggle like that. And the wrap looks beautiful! I love how the colors striped.

Grace Yaskovic said...

your wrap is so pretty, I simply love it!!!

Nichole said...

The wrap is beautious!!! I LOVE it... I also love those great doggy pics!

Dorothy said...

The wrap is gorgeous! I love the colors!

NH Knitting Mama said...

You have the best luck for contests, my friend!

Love the dog pics... too cute.

Holly said...

The wrap is gorgeous. Look at those sweet pups. I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to remodeling. We are, this year.

Skipper said...

Hello, Alana! Just got your wonderful parcel, but don't have an email addy for you... thank you so much, that was an awesome surprise! I put pics on my blog...

Renna said...

I love the knitting, but just had to comment on the dogs. Those pics of them lying on the couch is the cutest thing ever! ;-)

GeorgeAnne said...

I love my little baggie - it holds so many of my daily goodies and everytime I take it out at a knitting group I get to tell them about my awesome swap partner - thank you!!