Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This Is Really Fun!

I'm getting the biggest kick out of this blogoversary contest! I can't believe how many comments I've received as well as great suggestions for using my Sea Silk. It's fun checking out new blogs, and I've peeked at a few of the suggested patterns, too.

While nosing around I came across this gorgeous piece, named "Iris", designed by Susan of A Few Stitches Short. I would love to make something this glorious, but honestly don't know if I have it in me. Would I die of old age before I got it done?

Anyway, I don't think this pattern/kit is available yet, but I believe it will be soon. I was there checking out Crocus Pocus, a smaller piece that I could possibly make with my Sea Silk! Susan certainly is a gifted designer of beautiful lace.

I've been working on my South Seas Table Mat, so it's grown a little. It's an easy knit, but doesn't knit itself-- I have to actually pick up the needles and go at it. I can hardly wait til school's out and mom's moved so I have more knitting time. If it EVER WARMS UP, I'll fill my planters with happy flowers and sit out on the patio with my coffee, my dogs, and my knitting. That's one of my all time favorite things to do....

13 comments:

Sally Comes Unraveled said...

I think you can do it. The big question is how many skeins did it take? I can't seem to find it on ravelry.

chanknits said...

Inch by inch, anything's a cinch. You can do it. You might finish 18 other projects as you do a repeat here, one chart there, but it would be worth it!

Elizabeth said...

Pretty pattern, although if it were up to me, I'd pick a brighter color. If I'm going to be knitting for that long, I want a cheerier color -- but that's just me.

jsample said...

I'm in awe. That said, I bet you could do it. Like the other posters, just take it section by section, line by line. And tell me how it goes because I'm too intimidated!!!

Holly said...

You can do it, that is absolutely gorgeous.

Bubblesknits said...

That's a gorgeous pattern!

Rachel said...

I have no doubt you could tackle Iris...Susan is producing some beautiful designs isn't she?!

Alison Boon said...

That is a stunning piece of knitting

Turtle said...

i think you could do it as well. It is always good to have a project that keeps you slightly on your toes!

alcatmom said...

I just noticed the 2 boxers! I'm auntie to a brindle and he's a character.
The shawl is gorgeous - I say go for it! I'm going to have to subscribe to your blog so I can find out what you end up using that yummy yarn for.
Anna

ikkinlala said...

She does have some beautiful patterns (and I'm sure you could handle them).

mari said...

Very pretty. I love the colors.

Kathy said...

I cannot imagine knitting that...it is wonderful. Dont let me stop you!