It's been a little while since I've been in a swap, so I'm looking forward to being a part of the Keepin' Cool in Summer Dishcloth Exchange. Here is my questionnaire:
1. Do you Knit or Crochet? Both, but lately it's been all about knitting. For how long? My grandma taught me both when I was just a little girl, so for a L O N G time!!
2. Do you enjoy using metal, wooden, or some other kind of needle\hook? I have a variety of wood straights and dpns, and I really like them. I have both wood and metal (addi) circs.
3. What are your favorite types of yarn? There are so many wonderful yarns, how's a girl to choose? I like nice wool, cotton, and whatever looks "fun" or catches my eye. Any you just can't stand? Don't care for novelty yarns much. Eyelash and other similar types are out for me!
4. When it comes to cotton, are there any brands you'd love to try and haven't? I'm curious about the new skinny cotton from Blue Sky.
5. When you make Dishcloths, do you use them yourself, or tend to give them as gifts? Both.
6. Do you have a favorite color? I love rich, saturated shades and jewel tones. Teal, navy, berry shades. Any that you dislike? I'm not a big fan of pure shades of yellow, orange, kelly green.
7. What color(s) (if any!) are your kitchen and bath decorated in? My kitchen is pale shades of teal with some beige. One bathroom is teal and taupe, and mine is white and soft rose with the occassional shot of beige and soft blue.
8. What are your favorite scents around the house? Vanilla, almond, and clean "water" and "air" scents.
9. What is your very favorite thing about summer? Being able to sit outside on my patio. I'll take pretty much anything I need to get done out there to work on: bills and paperwork, computer stuff, and of course, knitting!
10. What is your least favorite thing about summer? Humidity.
11. Do you use soap or body wash in the shower? Body wash.
12. What scents do you enjoy in the bath? Vanilla, almond, and fresh outdoor scents.
13. What is your favorite dishcloth pattern? How do I choose just one? The last two I've made have been "My Favorite Dishcloth" from Harvest Moon Designs, so I guess that's my current fave.
14. What sort of treats do you enjoy? When it comes to treats, I am most easy to please. I like chocolate (duh!), and I really enjoy Lindt white chocolate truffles. Sweet or Salty? Either/Or/Both!!
15. Imagine today is one of the hottest days of the year - what do you do to keep cool? Or are you one of those folks who loves the hot weather? I stay inside and appreciate my air conditioning. I might french press some coffee to sip with a biscotti, or maybe a glass of iced tea. Then I'll sit in my favorite chair and enjoy my beverage while I knit and look out the window into my backyard. I can enjoy some of the beauty of nature without the heat.
16. What sort of hobbies do you enjoy besides knitting or crocheting? I haven't been doing much other than knitting lately, but I do also enjoy beading and working with polymer clay.
17. Do you collect anything (besides yarn!) Not really. I have a couple of Willow Tree Angels, as well as a couple of this or that, but no big collections.
18. Are you on Ravelry? I am, but I have done absolutely nothing with it. If so, share your ID! alanaR
19. Do you have any allergies? No.
20. Do you have any pets? Two dogs (Boxers) that I love way too much and spoil shamelessly.