Monday, June 9, 2008

Keepin' Cool in Summer Topic #1

This week I'm asked to share a favorite dishcloth. Well, it's hard to choose just one, but I do love so many of the designs by Sue over at Harvest Moon. I have a number of them, and those that I've tried have all turned out just fantastic. Fun designs and great directions--you can't do any better than that!! The one pictured below is one of Sue's designs, titled My Favorite Dishcloth. I've made several and really like the pattern. The yarn is Bernat Handicrafters in the color Jewels, and I used my size 7 Lantern Moon needles. I'm actually working on another one of these right now in a different colorway.
Here's another dishcloth I finished recently. It's the Lacy Round Cloth by Rhonda K. White, and you can find it here. I've made a couple of these as well, and they're fun and easy. The yarn on this one is hand dyed that I purchased on ebay last summer. Sorry, but I don't know where it came from. (I know, *sigh*) It's a little finer yarn, and I used my Clover Bamboo size 6 needles. Very cute, if I do say so myself!!
In other knitting news, I spent some serious time at the frog pond tonight. I'll blog about that later. My grandma used to have a saying, "As you sew, so you rip". Well, I guess we knitters have our own version of that same saying: "As you knit, so you frog.!"

7 comments:

KnittySue said...

Those are so pretty...I just finished a cross stitch and I've got to get the knitting needles moving again instead of sewings needles. You've inspired me to make more dishcloths..and Michaels has it on sale..1.00.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

I love your dishclothes! This swap sounds like a fun one.

Dorothy said...

Both are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I've got a fun new pattern all ready for you and your KCISDS package!

AllyB said...

Your lacy round cloth is very pretty. What yarn did you use?

Alison Boon said...

I love the colours of both your dishcloths.

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh I love your cloths!! So retty and especially the round one..lol something I woldn't be able to do.. Love the colors!!