Friday, July 25, 2008

A Stormy Contest~~

Just ran across an interesting question over on Grace's blog, and she's turned it into a contest! Go check it out!! Here's what she asks:

"When you are knitting and using metal needles like Addi's or Options and it starts to thunder and lightening, do you put your knitting down? I do, and pick up something on wooden needles and Tom thinks I am crazy. "

Hmmm... since I've never thought of that before, I would just keep on knitting. However, now that Grace brought it up, it will be the first thing that crosses my mind next time a storm pops up while I'm knitting!! Maybe it helps if I have rubber soles on my shoes!!

I'm hoping for a nice day tomorrow, as I'm going to a fiber festival at Bonanzaville with a friend. First time I've had the opportunity to attend anything like that, and I'm hoping it will be fun. Bonanzaville is part of a county historical society where they've set up original buildings from the late 18 and early 1900's. A bit of a restored frontier town, I guess. There will be demonstrations, hands-on activities, and vendors. First outing I've had this summer, and I'm really looking forward to it. If it's a good time, I'll have pictures to share when I get back! Do you 'spose they'll have yarn???

1 comment:

Nichole said...

CONGRATS! You won Crochet Lace... please get in touch with your address! :)